Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lot Size Setting in Chart Trader

Hi Support,

I use NT 6.5 to trade my LIVE Forex Account.
    Just wanted to know as how can I set my LotSize (Qty) as FIXED on chart trader.
    By default it always shows 0.01M and I want to set it to 2000 and it should remain fixed whenever I open my chart trader.

Thanks for your reply,
    Cheers,
    Yusuf SHAIKH

Hello Yusuf,

Unfortunately this is not supported - you cannot set the initial order quantity in ChartTrader.

I will forward your inquiry to our Development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations of the software.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

what is the latest on this issue for 7.0.1000.3?

I save an atm in charttrader called FOREX with a quantity of 0.01M. I will not persist on NT startup...or if changing instrument in charttrader chart

Instead it defaults to 0.1M...really annoying having to set it each session in numerous charts

also annoying that this can not be circumvented by setting quantity via code using AtmStrategyCreate

Comment

Hello ATI user,

Unfortunately, you still cannot set the initial order quantity in ChartTrader. However if you create an ATM strategy with an order quantity of 0.01M, ChartTrader will reflect 0.01M when you select that ATM template.

It is on our list of future considerations of the software.

Comment

actually that is not true...if it were true, there would be no problem

I only trade 0.01M (mini-lot) quantity and therefore have my atm 'FOREX' template saved accordingly. Manual and code-generated trades therefore place/fill the correct quantity.

When I close NT for overnight and open in the morning, NT has reset the quantity to 0.1M and I must reset to 0.01M, save the template again (or the code uses the wrong quantity), and change the quantity in all the charts using charttrader. This is the pain.

Further, you do not even need to close NT....just changing the instrument in a charttrader chart changes the quantity (not always ...however way too often). This is a further pain.

Further, charttrader does not always keep the same atm template selected when the instrument is changed...it often changes the atm template to 'none'.

This is more than onecharttrader bug and not a new consideration

Comment

What ATM template do you have selected if you open NinjaTrader in the morning?

I did not test it with a day in between, but I will check tomorrow if the ATM template I created will still use 0.01M.

I could not reproduce the change of order quantity by changing instruments so far. Did you notice any consistencies between the occurrences?

The ATM template did not change when changing instruments on my end either. Are you able to reproduce this consistently each time you switch instruments? Please tell me what exact steps you perform on your end.

Comment

1. I just leave my workspace open which has 3 charttrader charts one for each of 3 instruments each with 'FOREX' template selected. When I save the workspace on closing NT for the session, the quantity in all 3 charts is as it should be at 0.01M. When I open and connect in the morning, all 3 charts have the quantity changed to 0.1M and, of course, when I add a strategy to 3 corresponding strategy charts they place trades with the wrong quantity. Note re day change, I run until 8 or 9 pm so the date has already changed

2. a quantity change happens less often and is inconsistent

3. atm template change on changing instruments occurs very often however not every time. To reproduce, open 10 or 15 forex pair charts, none with charttrader. Open 1 charttrader chart and select your FOREX template. Switch the charttrader chart instrument several times through the various instruments and the atm template will not persist.

Comment

1. Does it only occur for this workspace or do you experience the issue in all workspaces? When I exit NinjaTrader and I save the workspace with ChartTrader that has an ATM strategy selected with an order quantity of 0.01M, the order quantity of 0.01M is still reflected once NinjaTrader is restarted.

Could you please send me your workspace with the 3 ChartTrader charts, so I can test it on my end. You can find workspaces at (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->workspaces. Please send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.

2. Please let me know if you notice any consistency or have reproducible steps.

3. Unfortunately I could not reproduce it. I created 11 charts and enabled ChartTrader in one chart. I subsequently changed instruments many times in that chart using the instrument drop down list in the chart toolbar and by typing in new forex instruments manually. However each time I switched instruments, the ATM template remained.

Comment

I opened workspace 'untitled1' which has no charts running
                  created a new charttrader chart....changed the forex instrument many times and 'FOREX' atm template did not change

so went to other workspace and closed all charttrader charts....opened 4 new ones ...set atm to 'FOREX' template and will advise is NT changes these

Comment

Sounds good, please let me know the outcome of the other workspace.

Comment

open NT in morning with workspace already open
                      note atm quantity is set to default 0.1M
                      after changing atm from forex to another and back to forex, quantity returns to 0.01M
                      never persists as it should
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello ATI user,

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce it on my end. Each time I select the ATM template I created, it has 0.01M selected.

You inform that after you opened NinjaTrader, the 'Qty' reflects 0.1M. Do you have your ATM template (that uses 0.01M) selected in ChartTrader at that moment?

Are you saying that selecting the ATM template the first time does not set 'Qty' to 0.01M, only when you select it a second time?

I suggest to delete the current ATM template and recreate a new one. Subsequently check if you can reproduce the issue with the new ATM template. If so, please provide me the exact steps you perform in relation to the new ATM template that results in the issue.

Comment

please look carefully at the screenshot on the left above...you will see in charttrader that 'FOREX' template is selected however the quantity in charttrader is 0.1M and upon opening the atm dialog it also shows 0.1M

the second screenshot shows that the qty in both has been changed...this is not due to changing the qty...it is due to changing the atm template to another and then back to 'FOREX' which then shows the correct qty

I have saved FOREX template many many times and get the same result so I do not see how deleting and recreating it will change anything...will try your suggestion though

Comment

Yes, I understand. However in order to troubleshoot the issue, I need to have a reproducible scenario. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce it on my end so far. Each time I select the ATM template, it lists an order quantity of 0.01M.

Can you please create a new ATM template and keep track of the steps performed with this ATM template. Once the issue recurs, please provide all steps you performed with this template, so I can reproduce it on my end.

Comment

deleted atm 'FOREX'
                              created new atm with same name
                              closed NT
                              opened NT...same problem
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM