Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart navigation

Hello,

Is there any way I can pull the chart up and down with the mouse (vertical) like I can do left or right pulling (horizontal) ?

Thank you.

Hello stockjoker,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums!

It is not possible to move the chart vertically in NT V6.5.

However, in NT V7 if you hold down your CTRL+ left click and drag in the price axis, you should be able to move the chart up and down.

Please let me know if you need further instructions.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Chart Navigation

Thank you for the quick reply.

To my opinion it should be much easier if we can move the chart the same way up and down as we can move it left and right at this moment.

Comment

I appreciate your suggestion. I will forward this to our development team's list of future enhancements.

Comment

Time & Sales

Hi,

Can you tell me how I can get data for time and sale?

My Broker is IB. Do I need level 2 for that data?

I opened a field for the T & S and entered the ES and 1 for the DAx futures, but no data. showed up.

Thank you.

Best Regards
          Riny

Comment

stockjoker,

Thank you for your post.

You will need to contact IB in order to subscribe to Level II data for the Time and Sales window to work correctly.

Please let me know if you need anything else

Comment

T&S

Thanks for the help so far.

Time & Sales also seems to work with Level 1 from IB. I receive all the data with that subscription.

1 more question.

I can make differend fields with T & S.

I need 2 fields.

1. to show contracts 0 up to 120
              2. to show 120 contracts and more.

Is that possible?

Now it looks I can not place a limit (120) in contracts T&S field no. 1 must show.

Thank you.

Comment

Hello stockjoker,

If you right click on your T&S window and select Properties, you will see the T&S properties window. From there, you can set the Size filter which will filter out trades less than your defined size. For example, could set this to 120 and it will not show any trades that are less than 120.

There is no way to set a maximum value for this, therefore there is no way to have it only show 0-120. The example above would allow you only show trades of 120 or more.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Comment

Workspace/Templates

Hi Matthew,

I have a few more questions. I could not find the answers in the Help files.

1. Can I send a Workspace and a Template to somebody else who is using N7 as well by mail? If I can, where can I find the files? I was looking in the Ninja folder, but could not find it.

2. Is there a way to make a MA line in 2 colors?

Thank you for assisting.

Best Regards,

Riny

Comment

Hello stockjoker,

1. Yes, you can share both your workspaces and templates with other users. Just make sure they are using the same version of NT as you are.

Workspaces can be located by navigating to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces. Each workspace is saved as a .xml file under the name you have given.

Templates are saved in (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\templates. There are separate directories for each type of template, including Charts, MarketAnalzyer, Strategies, and Indicators among others. Like the workspaces, these templates are saved as .xml files under the name you have given.

If you are using V6.5, they would be located in the same path, except you would navigate to NinjaTrader 6.5 instead of 7.

2. Yes, this is possible with custom programming.

Please see the following thread for information on V6.5:

Please see the following thread of information on V7:

If you yourself are not a programmer, I would suggest contacting one of our support NinjaScript consultants to assist you further.

Have a great weekend.

Comment

Hello Support Team,

I have a few more questions.

When I use the Super Dom Trader all the executions are mentioned on the chart. In DataSeries I disabled the plot execution DoNotPlot. But the executions still appear on the charts. It makes the chart very noicy.
                      How can I disable this option?

How can I clear some of the Insruments in the Instruments list? Even the default ones?

How can I make a 1 click order in the Super Dom without giving ok on a first appearing field?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,
                      Riny

Comment

Hello stockjoker,

1.) "When I use the Super Dom Trader all the executions are mentioned on the chart. In DataSeries I disabled the plot execution DoNotPlot. But the executions still appear on the charts. It makes the chart very noicy.
                        How can I disable this option?
                        "

Please double check that this setting is applied to the instrument you submitted the orders to.

2.) "How can I clear some of the Insruments in the Instruments list? Even the default ones?"

Please follow the steps listed at the following link to remove an instrument from a list: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rom_a_list.htm

3.) "How can I make a 1 click order in the Super Dom without giving ok on a first appearing field?"

You can disable the feature that prompts you for confirmation when submitting an order by following the instructions below.
                        • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
                        • Select the "General" tab
                        • Uncheck the option "Confirm order placement"
                        • Press the "OK" button
                        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Error message and chart question

Hi,

Q1. My friend received a warning as you can see on the picture. Running N7. Please can you tell me what he has to do?

Q2. When I make the background of the chart balck I don't see the tails of the candles anymore. I tried all the buttons in proporties, but no result. Any advice?

Thanks for your support so far.

BR
                          Riny
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by stockjoker View Post
                            Hi,

Q1. My friend received a warning as you can see on the picture. Running N7. Please can you tell me what he has to do?

Q2. When I make the background of the chart balck I don't see the tails of the candles anymore. I tried all the buttons in proporties, but no result. Any advice?

Thanks for your support so far.

BR
                            Riny
                            Hello Riny,

1. Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.
                            • Open NinjaTrader
                            • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
                            • Select an indicator and double click on it.
                            • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
                            • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.
                            • From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.
                            Let me know if this does the trick for you.

2. To change the Candlestick outline and wick colors within NinjaTrader 7 please right mouse click within your chart-->Data Series and Candle outline along with Wick color can be changed within this window.
                            Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

About P/L notification of the trades

Hi,

I want to thank you so far for your great and quick help everytime.

I have one more question. Please see the Words document.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
                              Riny

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Brevo
                              by Brevo