Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade Flashing - Launch new chart

In beta 7...

1) I see flashing on quote move in Market Analyzer, but why won't it conditionally flash red or green depending on last trade. This seems so obvious to be core functionality that I must be doing something wrong

2) Can you launch a chart from the data? I was hope for right click on any row then "launch chart" but its not in the list - Can you load a hotkey?

Hello OzCta,

Thank you for your post.

1. This is not configured by Default within NinjaTrader. However you can create a custom condition within the Market Analyzer to diplay a specific color when a value has been met. I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Color Conditions within the Market Analyzer window:

2. To access a chart from within the Market Analyzer window please right mouse click on the instrument-->Send to-->Chart. You can also Link the Market Analyzer window to a chart window.

Chart, SuperDOM, Market Analyzer and Basic Entry windows all have link buttons in the top right hand corner. Any window that is linked by color (each link button is set to the same color) will receive the same change of instrument request. That means, change an instrument in one window and the instrument in all linked windows will also change.

I have also provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Hot Keys which can be used to bring up a Data Series window which is used to create new charts.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the response.

I guess the missing piece on the flashing is that the "value" needs to be "last price". Are there reserved words that you can use to achieve this?

Otherwise, any static value is not going to work as prices are dynamic and the value is always changing

Thank again for the help - the send to chart works great.

Comment

Unfortunately within the Market Analyzer window there is not a condition available to change for each tick for example each uptick green and downtick red.

This would require custom programming. If you yourself are not a programmer, any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following link could code this project for you:

Glad to hear the Send to feature is what you were looking for.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Wow... ok, I don't think I've ever seen a "quoteboard" that doesn't flash the last price red or green... seems like you're missing a piece of core functionality every trading app should have.

I am a programmer so I'll try and code something up. Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
          8 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post rehmans
          by rehmans

Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
          0 responses