Range Bars Chart Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Range Bars Chart Problem

Every time opening 4-tick range bars chart with 60 days back period, it takes several minutes to open the chart, very slow. And sometimes the data is wrong because there is no data for many days during 60 days back period.

Now i use NinjaTrader 6.5 version with zen-fire data feed. For minutes bars, it's OK. NinjaTrader can open 5-Minute bars chart with 90 days back period very fast.

Does the NinjaTrader software or Zen-Fire cause the range bars problem? Thanks.

Hello 51friend,

Thank you for your post.

Yes load times between Tick and Minute bars can very drastically. When loading a Tick based chart such as Tick, Volume, Range or Second requires a great deal more data than Minute data. I suggest loading a smaller amount of days back when viewing Tick based charts.

I have attached a screen shot of one second of Tick data to reference the amount of data required.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Attached Files
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Could you load range bars like minute bars?

In order to do back testing, i need to load the bars with 90 days back period. Now I realized NinjaTrader load range bars from tick data, so it takes very long time to read tick data, and calculate tick data to build range bars.

Why don't you save pre-calculated 1-tick range bars in system first? In that way, whenever loading 4-tick range bars, system can just load it from 1-tick range bars data. It's like 5-minute bars, whenever loading 5-minute bars, system can just load it from 1-minute bars data, not from tick data.

Comment

If you currently use NinjaTrader 6.5 I suggest installing NinjaTrader 7 as well. There have been quite a few enhancements on the overall performance within NinjaTrader 7 which may speed up the Backtesting process.

You may download NinjaTrader 7 on the same PC as 6.5. NinjaTrader 7 will be a seperate installation and will not erase or affect NinjaTrader 6.5 at all however keep in mind you may only have on instance of NinjaTrader running at a time.

I have provided a link below where you may download NinjaTrader 7.

I have also provided a link below to our Support Forum that goes over what can and cannot be migrated from NinjaTrader 6.5 to 7.

Contains critical information including but not limited to migration, installation, connections and changes.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by trilliantrader, Today, 03:01 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post trilliantrader  
        Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
        9 responses