Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TT connection loss messed up working orders

Hi,

I was trading crude this morning and had a short ATM strat. working with multiple lots in the dom. I was filled on one contract right before 3am ct when I lost the connection for less than a minute. When it was back on all my orders were orange and frozen, I coudn't even remove them. Also the market position showed only one contract short. I closed NT, restarted it, reconnected. At that point the dom market position was showing that I had been filled on all contracts which was my assumption as the price had gone through all my working limit orders during the connection loss and I assume that limit orders are held with the broker servers or at the exchange. Additionaly, the orders tab history shows I was indeed filled on all the lots.

That said, the executions tab orders and the account performance generated information show that my limit orders were not filled during the connection loss so it only takes in consideration the one filled contract and the multiple orders I submitted to cover the position. In other words NT shows that I'm long when I assume I am flat. It raises a few questions.

1)Why were the atm orders frozen when the connection was back on?

2) It is my understanding that limit orders and stop limit orders are native with CME and held at the exchange. In the case of an ATM strategy with OCO/working orders, would that still be the case?

3) In case there is a difference in of information in the orders, executions, and account performance tabs, should I assume that the Orders Tab show the correct information? how can I make them show the same information?

4)Lastly, I think I recall a similar loss of connection during the same time approximately a few days ago. Is there a daily maintenance connection loss at 3am CT with TT/Advantage? if so, what can be done to prevent any future situation like the one above?

Thank you.
    Ludovic
    Last edited by lurefo; 07-30-2010, 03:13 AM.

Hello Ludovic,

1. Unfortunately I am not sure why the orders were frozen. Do you recall what order status was reflected for these orders in the Orders-tab?

2. If orders receive a 'Working' or 'Accepted' status, it indicates the order resides at the exchange or broker.
    Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

3. Can you please disconnect and re-connect to Zen-Fire and check if the executions will be loaded that occurred while disconnected. If not, you can add executions manually in the Executions-tab. Please see the link below for instructions.

4. Yes, the connection loss could be the result of server maintenance by your broker or TT. I suggest to contact them to clarify if this is the case. If so, unfortunately you cannot avoid the disconnection.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason, I can't recall the exact status of these orders unfortunately.

Thanks for the clarification and the links, I'll take it up with Advantage/TT regarding the nature of the connection loss.

Thanks for the quick reply, have a good day.
      Ludovic

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
      Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
      9 responses
      1 like