X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Trader for Sim101 with Yahoo & IQFeed

Hello,

I am on NT 7.19 beta version.

Using Yahoo (primary) and IQFeed (secondary) as a connection setup, I have been playing around with Sim trading using the Chart Trader functionality on 60-min charts.

Some of the behaviour however has been rather odd. Here are couple of examples:
    • ^DJIA: I placed a Buy Limit order on 28-Jul which should have been filled by now (see screenshots). However, the order has not yet been executed.
    • ES 09-10: I placed a Buy Limit order at 1100 on 28-Jul. It was filled. But then the order, already filled, showed up again late yesterday when the contract was lower and filled again at 1097. Now I am Long 2 contracts (unintendedly) at an average of 1098.5 when I should have been Long 1 a 1100.
    Thanks,

Stopped
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Stopped; 07-30-2010, 04:59 AM. Reason: Forgot attachments

Hello Stopped,

Unfortunately it is not supported to trade index instruments in NinjaTrader.

As per the ES 09-10 order, can you please send me the log file for the date the order was submitted and filled. You can find log files at the following location.

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20100730 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thanks for clarifying the earlier points.

Something I came across later on which is related to this thread: When I use a single connection to IQFeed a couple of orders on ES 09-10 are showing (two stop losses at 1075). However, when I connect to Yahoo! and IQFeed at the same time, using the former as primary and the latter as secondary, then those orders do not show up (see couple of attachments).

I know that the Yahoo! connection does not support futures, but I thought that the software would pick up the secondary IQFeed connection to refresh those orders. In fact, the software is clever enough to stream futures data with this connection setup onto Market Analyzer and Chart windows. I just do not understand why Accepted orders are however not showing under these conditions.

Is this behaviour expected or it is a bug?

Thanks,

Stopped
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Stopped; 07-30-2010, 12:59 PM. Reason: Forgot attachments

Comment

Stopped,

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with 'ATTN: Jason' in the subject line.

In the message, include the following:
        1.) A link to this forum thread.

2.) Your log file from the date these screenshots were taken.
        You will find the log file in the My Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
        Today's log file would be named 'log.20100730.txt'.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes