Restoring chart / windows after minimize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restoring chart / windows after minimize

Is there any way to restore all the windows from being minimized in a particular workspace at once?

Whenever I minimize them, it's such a hassle to click each one in the taskbar to bring them back up.

Also, there are occasions when the window doesn't appear when you click on the appropriate window on the Windows taskbar. I only have this problem with NT but I'm not beyond thinking it might be my machine. The restore item is also blanked out in this case and I have to maximize then minimize to get it to work again.

Thank you.

Hello 8DTK8,

Thank you for your post.

1.) Unfortunately, there is no such option at this time but I will forward your suggestion on to my development team.

2.) This behavior is indicative of a workspace corruption. Please open a new workspace (File > Workspaces > New Workspace) and recreate the layout that you're currently using.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Blank windows from menu

Hi,

This is a very annoying problem; when I want to restore a particular window, I have to restore each one in turn. Also, because NT jumbles them up each time, you can't just go to the blank line window it was previously.

Thanks,
      Eric
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cherriman View Post
        Hi,

This is a very annoying problem; when I want to restore a particular window, I have to restore each one in turn. Also, because NT jumbles them up each time, you can't just go to the blank line window it was previously.

Thanks,
        Eric

Hello Eric,

Unfortunately the window within the taskbar will remain blank until you have restored the window. I will also forward this over to development for future considerations to the NinjaTrader platform.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but it is rather ridiculous that NT can't handle a simple minimizing/restoring of a workspace.

NT is great, but I can't stand restoring 11 windows 1 by 1 in a workspace.

It's just. plain. stupid.

Comment

Hello phlegma,

Sorry to hear of your frustration. As mentioned a change here is on development's list of future considerations. With any luck we'll see this adjustment sooner rather than later.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

A little late but better than never...

I found a workaround to this problem a little after I first posted.

For everyone who may want to use it here are the simple steps.

1) Open a new workspace with as few windows as possible on it.
              2) Save the workspace with the name "Blank" (or something else equally as catchy)
              3) Whenver you want to minimize your Ninja windows (in my case all 23 of them), just select the "Blank" workspace
              4) When you want to restore them, pick the workspace that you previously saved (in my case "default1")

Hope this helps until something better comes along.

Comment

I found another workaround, which may be valid only in Windows 7...

Shift-Right click on the NT icon on the taskbar - it shows "Restore all windows" option. Choose it, and voila! It's all restored!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                47 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post aligator  
                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post jaybedreamin