Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LIVE or SIM

Hello,

I thought wenn unchecking "File-Global Simulation Mode" then I do my trades live. But this might be not true. What do I have to do in Ninjatrader 6.5 for making live-trades.

Thanks
    Tony

Hello tonynt,

Do you have a live license or are you just running the free license?

In order to trade live you must purchase a live license. At the point you have a live license you will be able to uncheck "global simulation mode" and trade live.

If you already have a live license, you need to ensure that you are selecting your live account from the order entry account drop down menu. "Sim101" is the default simulation account.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

LIVE or SIM

Hello,

thank you for your reply. I have purchase Ninja this week and I don´t have a SIM license ID. I did uncheck the "Global Simulation Mode" but in my account statements there is no trade. So I think there must be something else to do. For your information I have executed with chart trader.

Thanks
      Tony

Comment

tonynt,

What account is selected in the account drop down menu from chart trader? Does it say "Sim101" or something else?

Comment

Matthew,

thanks again for your reply. I don´t know now what "has been" selected. How can I know what has to be selected? I looked in the NT video library and there is "Live/SimulationEnvironment" with the information that both can be done. OK. But what do I have to do for live-trading? Can you please tell me? I think I read now that there has to be unchecked "File-SimulationMode" AND in the chart-trader something. Is this all? And at this opportunity I have to ask: has this to be done every trade or can somehow be setup that all trades are live executed?
          Thanks
          Tony

Comment

tonynt,

If you go to the "Executions" tab of the control center, you should see a list of your recently executed positions. Under the column "account" it will list the account that the order was submitted. If it says "Sim101" this means that the order was submitted through the simulation account. If the account column has your brokerage account ID, the order should have been submitted live.

All you need to do to trade live is make sure that "Global Simulation Mode" is unchecked and that you are submitting orders to your live account from the "account" drop down menu.

When you inputted your license, you must have told it to always start NinjaTrader in Simulation Mode. You can disable this feature by going to Tools--> Options--> Simulator--> Make sure "always start in simulation" is unchecked. With this option unchecked, NinjaTrader should start in live trading mode.

If you're still unclear, please send an email to support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with a copy of your log and trace files from the day you executed your order and we can follow up to clarify further.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_Matthew; 07-30-2010, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post tsantospinto  
            Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes