Historical Daily Data from NSE - Possible Solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical Daily Data from NSE - Possible Solution

For NT users in the Indian market, the only source of getting historical data currently is Yahoo Finance. However,the data from Yahoo Finance isn't reliable at all.

NT does have connectivity with Google Finance but for some reason, I have been unable to retrieve the historical data for stocks on NSE from Google. (I haven't seen anyone else do this successfully either, yet.)

Now this historical data is available on http://www.nseindia.com in CSV format. I'd imagine that it would only take a few hours for a decent programmer to enable this form of update. It would be great to know whether this can be implemented.

If this is too much of an effort, I would greatly appreciate if someone could direct me to any resources using which I could have this kinda 'plugin' built.

Wow .. not a single suggestion/feedback! I would have imagined that a solution on the lines of what I proposed would open up a massive market for NT.

Now I'm no programmer but I know that if data can be pulled from Yahoo and Google, it can most definitely be pulled from the website of the exchange itself (It is available in CSV format).

I tried searching for ways to create a plugin/external feed that could do this but couldn't find a starting point. Even a pointer to helpful resources will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Hello boomer,

This may be done however this would required custom programming outside our level of support. I have provided a link below to our NinjaScript Consultants who may be able to assist you with getting this programmed.

Also you may get additional input from other programmers here on the support forum.
      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the link Christopher. I'll explore that option as well.

I understand that this kind of custom programming would'nt fall in any category of support which is why I was more hopeful of being directed to resources that could help me get something like this developed.

It's just a suggestion but you might want to consider adding this option in some future version.

Thanks again.
        -Boomer

Comment

I will also forward this to our development team for future considerations to the NinjaTrader platform.

Comment

Originally posted by boomer View Post
            Wow .. not a single suggestion/feedback! I would have imagined that a solution on the lines of what I proposed would open up a massive market for NT.

Now I'm no programmer but I know that if data can be pulled from Yahoo and Google, it can most definitely be pulled from the website of the exchange itself (It is available in CSV format).

I tried searching for ways to create a plugin/external feed that could do this but couldn't find a starting point. Even a pointer to helpful resources will be greatly appreciated.
            Are You telling about Eod data from Google for NSE ? A utility is available for it.

Comment

Hi,

Does anyone download/import data from Google or NSE in NT format? Is there a utility available for it?

Comment

Does NT7 support downloading data from Google for Indian markets (NSE)?

What are the options available for getting free EOD data for the Indian markets.

I know Yahoo is one, but data quality is not reliable.

Please share you views/resources.

Thanks

Comment

Unfortunately I am not aware of any free service that provides data for instruments on the NSE Exchange at this time within NinjaTrader.

Comment

Can we get data in NT7 using google? If yes, can you pls post the link where it is explained?

Comment

To create a connection to Google within NinjaTrader 7 please use the steps I have provided below:
                      • Tools
                      • Account Connections
                      • Add
                      • Next
                      • Give your connection a name
                      • Select Google as the Provider
                      • Next
                      • Finish

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

I have done what you hav written here I am still unable to download EOD data for Indian securities. (listed on NSE). I am able to download data from yahoo though. But yahoo's data quality is not good.

Google does provide data for Indian comapnies (real time too) but some how NT either does not support the download or I am doing something wrong. Have tried all possibilities. But no luck.

Please can you look into this?

Comment

Nse+yahoo+realtime data

Originally posted by 818181 View Post
                          Thanks for your reply.

I have done what you hav written here I am still unable to download EOD data for Indian securities. (listed on NSE). I am able to download data from yahoo though. But yahoo's data quality is not good.

Google does provide data for Indian comapnies (real time too) but some how NT either does not support the download or I am doing something wrong. Have tried all possibilities. But no luck.

Please can you look into this?
                          Hi All , Historical Data is easy and yahoo is also easy.
                          "You could convert the NSE bhavcopy data to metastock format and then import metastock data into NinjaTrader .However this necessitates that the scrips be added inside the Instrument Manager in NT7 before you can import metastock data (you can't map a folder directly as in other charting platforms).

Doing this for 1400+ scrips manually (a one time effort though) would be a tough task."
                          This was written by a Senior member in another forum.
                          2.Yahoo Live : Step 1. File -Connect- Yahoo
                          step 2 ;Tools-Instrument Manager -New
                          step 3;Instrument Editor- Definition-Master Instrument -(e.g)ACC -stock-exchange nse
                          step 4;Misc- symbol map-yahoo-Acc
                          ok .ok
                          Step 5 :Instrument Manager - Type-stock -Name -ACC double click on it
                          step 6 :File-NEW- chart -Type stock-Name -ACC- EXchange-Nse-Ok- 1 min ( later when enough data comes change data period)
                          Now bars or candles coming into the chart ACC.
                          That is all .ENJOY.
                          P.S : If just"ACC" not working write as "ACC.NS".this will work.
                          Last edited by Bestnifty; 08-29-2010, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Hi All,

Now you can import NSE Bhavcopies (EOD data for Indian stock exchange NSE) directly into NT7. Please visit the website volumedigger.com and follow the procedures written there. I am sure this will be very helpful for people looking for EOD data for indian markets. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                            47 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post aligator  
                            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post jaybedreamin