Using NT with IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using NT with IB

Hi, I used the search function to see if I could come across these issues before, but nothing was obvious so I thought I would post. I am sure I am not the first to come across these. Before we start, I am using NT6.5.
    TWS Build 906.9, Jul 8, 2010 9:52:08 AM
    Jolt Build 1.1.4, May 25, 2010 02:37:20 PM
    Nia Build 1.6.0, May 25, 2010 12:31:58 PM
    ModelNav Build 1.1.27, May 25, 2010 03:26:24 PM

Java Version: 1.5.0_06

1) NT does not show my P&L realtime. NT mentioned TWS not having accurate entry data, but no realtime P&L at all is a big problem. The P&L box is entirely empty whether I have a position on or not. When a LMT/STP order gets filled, the OCO brings out the stop and the target, but there is no line for the entry price.

2) When I select text & arrow in Chart Properties for entries and exits, it shows nothing.

3) The Close button in NT Chart Trader does not work at all.

4) The Reverse button does not reverse, but adds contracts to my existing position.

Most of these seem like they could be related to NT not being aware of the original entry price. If there is something I can do to fix this, please let me know, or is this how NT normally works with IB?

Thank you

Hi sacramento343,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please go to Help-->About and please let us know the full version of NinjaTrader you are currently using.

Also, can you please let us know which contract you are trading, when you do not see any entry price.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, I'm using NT 6.5.1000.7

I'm trading front month crude contract. CL September 09 2010

Comment

Hi sacramento343,

There are two issues with the entry price:

1. With earlier versions of NinjaTrader when trading 2010 contracts there was a known issue. We resolved that issue with a later version. Can you please upgrade 6.5.1000.7 to 6.5.1000.16 to resolve this known issue.

2. With IB there is a known issue with the CL contract, and we would recommend that you do not trade the CL contract until IB resolves the issue. Please see the following forum.

Comment

Interesting about the IB issue with the CL contract. I only trade CL, so not trading it isn't really an option for me. I have my doubts whether IB will get a fix out anytime soon, as that thread you linked to was over 6 months old.

Although I still don't expect it to work due to the IB CL contract issue, would I have a better chance using the new 6.5 or the Beta 7?

Also, from that thread, I understand trading CL would work as normal if I used a Zen Fire based broker with NT?

Comment

One other questions. Are there any known issues using the TT feed with Ninja?

I am looking at a broker which uses the TT feed instead of Zen Fire. I am familiar with how Zen Fire behaves and market data looks, but I don't know if TT will be different from my perspective.

Comment

sacramento343,

Regarding the CL issue there is a workaround in NinjaTrader that would allow you to trade the CL contract, and I believe that workaround is covered within that same thread.

This issue only pertains to the CL contract with IB, and any other data provider, whether Zen-Fire or TT would work for trading the CL contract.

As for the TT compatibility there are no known issues with that datafeed, and the data should be similar to Zen-Fire. I can not say for certain how the two feeds compare in terms of precise matching of data, and perhaps other users can offer their input regarding a comparison.

Comment

I m using IB 906.9 JULY 8 2010 as well and ninja7 simulated .now i want to test real time NT7,Is that IB version is ok to use for live trades with NT7.

Comment

Hi alfa123,

Thank you for your post.

The version of 906.8 is the one you would use with both NinjaTrader 6.5 and 7.

NinjaTrader 7 is still currently in beta, though and because it is a beta program we would recommend you continue trading live with 6.5.

Comment

got an update for IB version 907.7 aug 2.that means need to delete all and go back to 906.8 and stay with ninja 6.5.i think need to change broker.An other Q?Can we connect ninja 6.5 or NT7 with button trader platform?It is on www.buttontrader.com Button trader we can connect to TWS for live or sim mod on client id zero And no need to chang TWS version.

Comment

Hi alfa123,

1.) Correct - you will need to remove 907.7 and reinstall 906.8 (available here) in order to use NT with Interactive Brokers.

2.) Unfortunately, Button Trader is not supported.
                      KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Waxavi
                      by Waxavi

Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
                      0 responses