IB TSE feed not getting through to NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB TSE feed not getting through to NT

I've set up Ninjatrader to receive data from IB. While it's able to receive US market feed, it is unable to receive any of the Japan stock data. I used File Import to create a JPYSTOCKS instrument containing 1332,1334,1514,1893,1925 symbols, and have selected TSE as the exchange and Yen as the currency.

When attempting to create a chart for any of the symbol in the JPYSTOCKS instrument, Ninjatrader returns the following error message:

Error in requesting historical data from IB. No security definition has been found for the request (200).

Yet the same symbol brings out the closing price from TWS. I'm running the latest of TWS (906.9) and Ninjatrader (6.5.1000.16).

If I enter a US stock, NT has no issue with displaying the chart. I am not sure how foreign stock is supposed to be specified in NT. I thought it would just be the straight number, then select the right exchange.

Hi nobody00,

Thank you for your post.

Within TWS please find the symbol you wish to add and then right click and select Contract Info-->Details. This will tell you the specific contract symbol mapping you will want to use.

Please in the symbol mapping put the whole symbol, and for the exchange please mark it as Default, rather than TSE.

If you have any particular issues with this then please let me know a specific instrument and we can use that as an example for setting up the instrument in NinjaTrader.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

is the page containing the contract info for Japanese stock 6954. I'm not quite sure what you meant by "whole symbol". If the whole symbol is what is shown in the "contract information" section, then the symbol is simply 6954.

Comment

Hi nobody00,

What I meant by whole symbol, and I apologize for not clarifying initially, is that you include the exchange in the symbol mapping.

I have attached screenshots of how you can set this instrument up within NinjaTrader.
        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, I have now set it up the same you instructed. NT is still giving me the same error. Do you want to use my paper account to check it out? My paper account has the TSE entitlement.

Comment

Hi nobody00,

Yes, if you send that information to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and reference this forum I would be glad to test out those instruments on my end.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post gentlebenthebear  
            Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes