• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Data Fee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Fee

I have multiple emails from Kinetick, offering their service. While it sounds good on the surface, I don't quite understand how it is better than the Zenfire feed I have now.
    Zenfire is most certainly not perfect....('real-time' indicators reset everytime I touch the chart) and I sometimes get sudden "jumps" on my charts where it appears the Zenfire feed stalled and/or just sent a chunk of data at once.

1. Does using the Kinetick data feed mean that my "real time" indicators
    (Ex: Vol Profile, Bid/Ask etc.) won't reset every time I touch the chart?

2. Does the Kinetick data feed provide a 'faster' datafeed than ZenFire?

3. Kinetick claims it was coded "especially for Ninja 7".
    Does "ninja" agree with that statement?

No trick questions...I'm not a lawyer....I'm not trying to pit Zenfire against Kinetick.
    I just want to know more about the feed from someone who actually understands Ninja.

Thanks .....

I notice that this thread seems to have been skipped over......(which means I must have asked a sensitive question). Apologies if I caused any grief....but I would like to better understand how Ninja works with Kinetick vs. Zenfire.

Comment

Sorry for the delay in our response, this post must somehow got lost on us.

Zen-Fire is a trading engine that executes orders and distributes market data. Kinetick is only a market data provider and in the context of a NinjaTrader user on Zen-Fire provides the following value:

- Since Zen-Fire does not support market data for equities, forex or market internals (TICK, TRIN) Kinetick can supplement your Zen-Fire connection by providing access to these other markets
      - Can serve as a back up in the event that your Zen-Fire connection is unavailable

Primarly, Kinetick is for those individuals that do not have a brokerage account to use with NinjaTrader and require a market data service to drive NinjaTrader.

To answer your specific questions:

1. The real-time indicators use real-time bid/ask data to generate signals, and regardless of the data feed you are using they will reset anytime changes are made to a chart.

2. Zen-Fire has a solid reputation for providing fast market data. We have not compared the Kinetick feed to Zen-Fire.

3. Kinetick adapter was specifically developed for NinjaTrader 7.

Kinetick is a NinjaTrader brand, marketed indpendently of NinjaTrader.
      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks!! (this helps)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by faisamtrader, Yesterday, 10:03 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post faisamtrader  
        Started by johnnybegoode, Yesterday, 08:11 PM