linked DOM not showing instrument name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

linked DOM not showing instrument name

A static DOM linked with chart set to ES 09-10 not showing instrument name in DOM. Therefore, you can't readily save a newly created ATM strategy. Is this intended behavior or am I missing something?

It's quite klunky then to have to change the instrument in the linked DOM just in order to save an ATM strategy.

Also, is it possible to use continuous contracts for the DOM and charts settings (I'm currently testing with Zen-Fire) so I don't need to worry about updating my chart and DOM instruments every rollover?

Hello billworld,

I'm not sure what you're seeing here. Are you refering to the Instrument drop down menu or the SuperDom title bar? Is the linking feature not working for you?

Chart, SuperDOM and Basic Entry windows all have link buttons in the top right hand corner. Any window that is linked by color (each link button is set to the same color) will receive the same change of instrument request. That means, change an instrument in one window and the instrument in all linked windows will also change.

Trading continuous contracts live is not supported at this time.

Version 7 merges prior contracts to the current one automatically according to merge settings. This should make rollover easier for you.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
      Hello billworld,

I'm not sure what you're seeing here. Are you refering to the Instrument drop down menu or the SuperDom title bar? Is the linking feature not working for you?
      I'm referring to the instrument drop down in the DOM when linked with a chart.

Comment

It appears the linking feature isn't working for you. What instrument is the chart set to and what type of DOM are you using (static or dynamic)?

Can you try with a new workspace (File > Workspace > New Workspace) and let us know if you're seeing the same results?

Comment

Linking between the chart and DOM is and isn't working. I need to break down the precise steps where it's not working and report back to you.

Case in point, I know for a fact that I had the DOM linked to a chart such that the DOM price ladder was showing the linked contract (e.g. ES 09-10) but said instrument name was NOT displayed in the instrument name pop-up.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

Also, for whatever reason, the ES 09-10 doesn't appear in the pop-up for instrument name. I always have to manually enter it. The contract that shows up in the pop-up is ES 06-10 which has already expired. Is that indicative of some issue with my installation?

Comment

If you're seeing strange display issues there may be issues with your workspace.

Please try with a new workspace and let us know your results.

File > Workspace > New Workspace.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888
            by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM