• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

way to split TP on ATM initiated trade after entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

way to split TP on ATM initiated trade after entry

I just had a situation where I accidentally merged the two separate TPs from an ATM initiated entry. It's actually pretty easy to accientally do this by first dragging your T1 and dropping/clicking it on top of your T2 exit. This causes two separate exits to be merged into a single "new" T1 exit.

After doing this I then wondered if there was a way to split the exits back to separate T1 and T2 exits.

Is that possible and how?

Thanks

Bill

Hello Billworld,

You can enable quick buttons through Right Click > Properties > Set Show quick buttons to true.

You'll then see buttons at the bottom for +Target -Target.

Hitting +Target will split up the targets by 4 ticks.

http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...roperties.html
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

After trying different scenarios I see what's going on. The +/-Target adjustment only works if your initial strategy has 2 or more contracts at the same TP. If you strategy initially has two SEPARATE TPs (as I indicated mine had), and then you acciendtally merge the two TPs (as I mentioned is easy to do dragging T1 and landing on top of T2), then you CANNOT subsequently split the 2 TPs.

Seems a but odd. I would think the split feature should not be tied to the initially set TP of an ATM order.

Why wouldn't it work to simply split any TP of 2 or more contracts?

Comment

I see, thanks for clarifying your scenario here. The +Target button creates an additional profit target and places it at a new level. If you already had two defined, it won't create another one unless there is a contract available and then there would be three targets defined.

To separate your orders here requires using the control center, orders tab. Click on the + or - column for one of the orders to split it up from the other.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Excellent! That's what I was looking for. Thanks.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
          To separate your orders here requires using the control center, orders tab. Click on the + or - column for one of the orders to split it up from the other.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by YevhenShynkarenko, Today, 06:07 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post YevhenShynkarenko  
          Started by StevenNelson, Today, 04:07 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post StevenNelson