Static or Dynamic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Static or Dynamic?

I just opened and funded an account today with Mirus, which I have been using a demo account for the last 4 weeks.

It said to see my account balance to either place a trade, or I could set a stop/limit order to make connection with the servers.

I went into Dynamic and placed a buy stop and it was like my order got stuck there and I couldn't cancel it. Eventually I closed down NinjaTrader, got back in, and was able to cancel it.

I used Dynamic while in demo so I figured that was what I would use.

1. In 2nd grade words, can you tell me what the difference is between Static and Dynamic? Please don't link me to http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...eLadderDisplay as I've already read it and I still don't understand the difference.

The only difference right now is that it has HOLD or HELD in the top left and it caused me some panic when I couldn't get out of the trade at first. What exactly does this do?

2. I read on the forums here that it costs extra money to use the Static? I did some further research and saw that Mirus's commissions are $4.40 with Static Dom, but other rates are $2.20 not including exchange fees.

Should I be using Dynamic or Static? To lower fees should I just use basic entry?

Sorry if these were questions already asked. I went back 3-4 pages of past threads and didn't find anything answering these questions.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Ironman10; 08-03-2010, 05:00 PM.

Hello Ironman10,

Thank you for your post.

The main differences between the Static & Dynamic are the following:

In the Static SuperDOM, the current Bid/Ask prices move up & down vertically while the price rows remain fixed.

In the Dynamic SuperDOM, it’s the price rows that move & the current inside bid/ask prices that remain fixed.

When you use the Dynamic SuperDOM and you want to move, change, or otherwise edit a working order – you can “freeze” the price row movement which makes it easier to manage orders.
    You may also want to check out our Free Educational webinars on this topic:
    SuperDOM Basics:

ATM Strategy Level 1 webinar details

ATM Strategy Level 2 webinar details

For a complete schedule of our upcoming events, please see this link:

I am not able to comment on specific charges & fees for the various brokers; those questions are best handled by their respective sources. However, in general, as far as additional fees for using the Static version of the SuperDOM, this depends upon the broker you use. Some brokers include this charge in their fees & others do not. If they do not then NinjaTrader collects the fees for TT. You can read more about this at this link.

Please let me know if I can answer any additional questions.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. What would have caused that buy stop get to "stuck?" As in, it wouldn't let me cancel the order until I restarted Ninjatrader. I tried every different way to get it off of there before hand, even using Spacebar like it said.

Comment

Hello Ironman10,

In order to see what may have taken place, you will need to send us your Log & Trace files for that particular trade date.

They can be found in their (My) Documents folder in the following folders:
        1. NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt
        2. NinjaTrader 6.5 > Log > log.YYYYMMDD.txt

If you are using NinjaTrader 7 then just substitute 7 for 6.5 in the file path above.

Make sure to attach these text (.txt) files to your response/email and mention this forum thread.

Please send the note to support AT NinjaTrader DOT com

Thank you,
        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have sent the email with both files.

Thanks.

Comment

This problem was resolved by NinjaTrader support. Apparently, the fact that the order got "Stuck" was a result that I tried to cancel the order before Zenfire received the original order. They said it was a rare occurrence.

Let's hope so!

Thank you!

Comment

Trader Chip

How long should I expect to be on standby as a new license key is mailed to me as per the "license expired" discussion.I read 24 hours somewhere and havent heard any thing as of yet and my DOMs arent now usable obviously.

Thank you

Comment

Hi laredo78676,

No more than 24 hours, but in most cases, the turn-around is much quicker.

If you would like, you can send a note to Sales[AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com and we can check in to the status of your request.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DynamicTest  
                Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes