Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing sequence for "OnBarUpdate=True"

Hi,

I am trying to understand the detailed timing sequence for Ninjatrader (6.5) order placement in “live” trading.

Say,
    - I have a NinjaScript strategy running on a 5-min chart, with OnBarUpdate = True.
    - At 11h59:58, the last tick occurs within the 12h00:00 5-min candle/bar; this is the tick that will define the candle/bar closing price.
    - Assume the next tick does not occur until 12h00:10 (i.e. 10 seconds after prior candle/bar close), so that the next candle/bar (i.e. the 12h05:00 5-min candle/bar) does not begin to be drawn on the chart until 12h00:10.
    -
    If the closing price of the 12h00:00 candle/bar was sufficient to trigger an entry signal under my strategy, when does NinjaTrader (6.5) begin the process of submitting the “live” order?

Is it at 12h00:00 (i.e. immediately after the time at which the candle/bar closed)?

Or is it at 12h00:10 (i.e. immediately after the new candle/bar begins to be drawn)?

Thanks.

AnotherTrader, it would be submitted on the open tick of the new bar, as this is the tick that closes your prior 12:00 bar, as NinjaTrader's 'body' is event not solely time based.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Bertrand.

Is there anything that can be set to force NT to submit the order at 12h00:00, rather than wait for the next tick?

And is it the same for NT7?

Comment

This behavior is the same on NT7 - unfortunately you would not have your trade signal until you receive the closing tick of the 12:00 bar, even if this is coming in at 12:00:10
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post love2code2trade  
        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes