X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Trading NT7 IB

Hey all,

I have a few questions:

1. Does anyone use NT7 for live trading and should one do so? All my strategies are coded in NT7, so downgrading to NT6.5 for trading purposes will be a pain...

2. I am currently testing NT7 live but on a sim IB account. I am having a lot of issues with respect to data. I am running the same strategies side by side. On one computer, I'm running with IB, on the other, with ZenFire. The trades don't go off at the same time (or at all) on the IB computer. Seems to be related to data issues. Should I consider an external data provider? And if so, which one is best?

Thanks in advance

pmorissette,

1. Although you can trade your strategies live with NinjaTrader 7 we would like to remind you that it still beta software and as such, there is a higher risk of unexpected situations that can arise that can adversely effect your ability to manage orders and open positions. If you trade live, please do so conservatively and with caution.

2. Are you trading on tick or time based intervals with those setups? Unfortunately it's hard to compare to different feeds as normally those don't line up a 100% as far as delivered ticks go - for third party providers in NT7 you could consider Kinetick, eSignal, BarChart or DTNIQ.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm trading on time-based bars for now. I know there are some limitations to IB data in terms of requesting (I've messed around with their API before) and I'm wondering if that's what's leading to missing/late trades. I also noticed that when pulling up an IB chart, it sometimes doesn't match a ZenFire chart with the same settings. However, after a "reload data" ctrl+shirt+r command is passed, the IB chart seems to get back in line with the ZenFire one. However, I don't want to have to rely on "refreshing charts" when I go live.

Comment

pmorissette, time based charts should be rather close, although the same 'caveats' regarding comparing different feeds would still apply - as you startup your chart for the day you can trigger a reload to get the latest data from their servers, yes. You would likely need to compare feeds and then test which environment suits your system and approach best and the go down that route.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

pmorissette,

you problem is your system time is out of sync. I believe ZF time stamped their feed, so regardless what what your system clock is, it is still plotting the chart correctly. With IB, it is not time stamp, so if your system clock is out of sync for 5 sec, then your bar is out of sync by 5 sec. I think NT can do something about it.

I have a batch run at start up and it consist of 2 lines:

net start w32time
          w32tm.exe /resync

since I am on the Northeast, I sync my time to nist1-ny.ustiming.org and bar is plot correctly.

One more think, NT default refresh chart every 1/2 sec, which is too slow on fast market. I set it to 1/10 of a second, and it is working great.

Comment

Thanks cw30000,

I'll try this out and see if it resolves the issue.

Cheers,
            Phil

Comment

Originally posted by cw30000 View Post
              I have a batch run at start up and it consist of 2 lines:

net start w32time
              w32tm.exe /resync

since I am on the Northeast, I sync my time to nist1-ny.ustiming.org and bar is plot correctly.

One more think, NT default refresh chart every 1/2 sec, which is too slow on fast market. I set it to 1/10 of a second, and it is working great.
              Thanks for that valuable informations. I will test it out!

That resync-issue seems to be nice think for a future nt7 update...

Regards
              Trendseek

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post usazencort  
              Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM