How Should I Do This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Should I Do This?

I'm fairly certain that what I need to have done can be accomplished through NT but I'm not sure how. Basically what I want to do is manually enter a position but once filled I want the following to happen...BTW, I use range bars and the up bars are colored green and the down bars red.

1) For long positions I want a stop to be trailed one tick below the low of each up range bar.

2) For short positions I want a stop to be trailed one tick above the high of each down range bar.

Thanks and best regards
    Chuck

Hello maxreturn,

When manually entering a position, you can use Advanced Trade Management for managing the exit. More information on ATMs and trail stops is available here:

ATM does not off the ability to base trail stops on lows or highs - only from the current traded price.

If you wanted to base stops off highs or lows then you would have to move to a NinjaScript automated strategy, which does not offer the ability for manual entries and automated exits.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
      Hello maxreturn,

When manually entering a position, you can use Advanced Trade Management for managing the exit. More information on ATMs and trail stops is available here:

ATM does not off the ability to base trail stops on lows or highs - only from the current traded price.

If you wanted to base stops off highs or lows then you would have to move to a NinjaScript automated strategy, which does not offer the ability for manual entries and automated exits.
      Thanks Ryan. Is this something you can put on your "to do" list for future releases? I believe this would be a powerful feature...that is, to manually enter and than have automated exits. Thanks again for the quick response. You guys rock!

Chuck

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I will pass on to our development team.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes