• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Drawing Snap mode in NT 7.0 beta 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawing Snap mode in NT 7.0 beta 19

I just downloaded NT 7.0 and noticed that the Bar and Price snap modes, individual, dont appear to do anything different than the DISABLED snap mode. I tested using the horizontal line. I also noticed that the BAR and PRICE together snap mode DOES work. How can I get these working properly? Is there something I don't understand about snap mode.

I need to move horizontal lines on a tick by tick basis for futures and not in-between ticks. What is the best way to achieve this?

Hello YanCanCook,

Thank you for your post.

Please provide detailed steps you are taking so that I can reproduce this issue on my end.

I look forward to hearing from you.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I install NT 7.0. Pull up a chart. Select ES 09-10 or 6E 09-10 The default snap mode is set to Bar. I draw horizontal in on chart. I can now moved the line freely and place anywhere I want. There is no "snap" to just the ticks on the bar. This is the same action as snap mode disabled.

I don't understand your request for steps. I am not doing anything unusual or different that I am aware of.

Comment

Hello YanCanCook,

Can you clarify if you experience this same issue with other drawing tools with snap mode enabled/disabled?

Comment

Any drawing object that relies on price scale does not snap. All drawing objects that rely on X axis work and snap to bar. In the case of rectangle for example, the bar snap for X axis works but the price snap for the Y axis does not align with ticks. It is continuous and can take on any value. So in the case of the rectangle, I would say 50% of snap mode works. In the case of the horizontal line, the X-axis is not applicable, and only Y-axis applies so 0% of snap mode works. This is true and repeatable with all drawing objects.

Comment

Hello YanCanCook,

I have been unable to recreate this issue on my end. Therefore, please send a note to support AT ninjatrader DOT com & we can schedule a call for remote assistance.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by daya123, Today, 09:16 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post daya123
            by daya123

Started by Wingo, Today, 04:52 PM