Drawing Snap mode in NT 7.0 beta 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawing Snap mode in NT 7.0 beta 19

I just downloaded NT 7.0 and noticed that the Bar and Price snap modes, individual, dont appear to do anything different than the DISABLED snap mode. I tested using the horizontal line. I also noticed that the BAR and PRICE together snap mode DOES work. How can I get these working properly? Is there something I don't understand about snap mode.

I need to move horizontal lines on a tick by tick basis for futures and not in-between ticks. What is the best way to achieve this?

Hello YanCanCook,

Thank you for your post.

Please provide detailed steps you are taking so that I can reproduce this issue on my end.

I look forward to hearing from you.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I install NT 7.0. Pull up a chart. Select ES 09-10 or 6E 09-10 The default snap mode is set to Bar. I draw horizontal in on chart. I can now moved the line freely and place anywhere I want. There is no "snap" to just the ticks on the bar. This is the same action as snap mode disabled.

I don't understand your request for steps. I am not doing anything unusual or different that I am aware of.

Comment

Hello YanCanCook,

Can you clarify if you experience this same issue with other drawing tools with snap mode enabled/disabled?

Comment

Any drawing object that relies on price scale does not snap. All drawing objects that rely on X axis work and snap to bar. In the case of rectangle for example, the bar snap for X axis works but the price snap for the Y axis does not align with ticks. It is continuous and can take on any value. So in the case of the rectangle, I would say 50% of snap mode works. In the case of the horizontal line, the X-axis is not applicable, and only Y-axis applies so 0% of snap mode works. This is true and repeatable with all drawing objects.

Comment

Hello YanCanCook,

I have been unable to recreate this issue on my end. Therefore, please send a note to support AT ninjatrader DOT com & we can schedule a call for remote assistance.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
            0 responses