connection to MBTrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

connection to MBTrading

I am using MBTrading connection for real time and intra-day historical data. It has been working until yesterday. I have started to get this error when I try to load a chart with 1 min or any other intra-day chart.

"Error on loading chart data for 'NFLX' Default': Error (errServerSideCompress) on loading historical data".

Any ideas on what this means?

Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

The NFLX may not be included as default symbol in NinjaTrader. When this situation occurs you will need to do the following:

1. First build a connection to Yahoo (free data for EOD equities): link

2. Connect to Yahoo & bring up a new chart; e.g. AAPL (see screenshot)

3. Once you have this chart up just type in the symbol you want & hit enter.

This is called “on the fly” stock creation & it is the best way for setting up equities & ETF’s that are not already included with NinjaTrader.

Please let me know if this does not resolve the issue.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, If I use my TDAmeritrade a/c, then I dont have any problems retrieving intraday or daily-weekly historical chart data. Same thing with Yahoo or Google - I can get daily-weekly chart data.

With MBTrading, I was earlier able to retrieve intraday and daily-weekly historical day until Fri. Since then I have been getting below data whenever I try to chart any symbol (all symbols have been added to my NT database).

"Error on loading chart data for 'NFLX' Default': Error (errServerSideCompress) on loading historical data".

Thanks.

Comment

Hello sagargv,

It may be necessary to edit the symbol mapping for NFLX & MB Trading. You can access this edit dialog by going to Tools > Instrument Manager > and then selecting the NFLX symbol & selecting the “Misc” tab. See screenshot.

If this does not resolve the issue, I will need you to send me your most recent Log & Trace files so I can see if there are any errors taking place in the background.

They can be found in their (My) Documents folder in the following folders:
        1. NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt
        2. NinjaTrader 6.5 > Log > log.YYYYMMDD.txt

If you are using NinjaTrader 7 then just substitute 7 for 6.5 in the file path above.

Make sure to attach these text (.txt) files to your response/email to support AT ninjatrader DOT com.

Thank you,
        Attached Files
        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post andrewtrades  
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM