how do folks use EOD Kinetick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do folks use EOD Kinetick

NT does not have features like Scans etc. how do people use Kinetick EOD. Some examples will help.
    i was wondering if i can use it for EOD Scanning.
    for eg. Show list of STocks that are trending up or Stocks that have new 1 year high.

In Addition there is no instrument list for Kinetick. So i am confused what to do with it.

Hi junkone,

Thank you for your post.

You can use the Kinetick EOD to populate data in the Market Analyzer. To perform scans, you will want to either custom code something, or refer to those already available from our partners: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...g_3rdparty.htm

Many of the Kinetick instruments are built-in to NinjaTrader. If you are looking for listing of all the Kinetick instruments available, unfortunately at this time that is not available, however if you have some specific instruments you're interested in, please let me know and I'd be happy to offer more information.
    TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Tim View Post
      You can use the Kinetick EOD to populate data in the Market Analyzer
      Ok, I share the same concern as OP. How do you get it to show? I connected to Kinetick EOD. Great, it's wonderful, I can pull up historical data for stocks, easy peasy. But when I fire up Market Analyzer and enter, say, MSFT, there's nothing there. What do I mean?

Ok, the default columns are:

Instrument AskPrice BidPrice LastPrice

Other than MSFT under instrument, everything else is a blank. How am I supposed to use the Market Analyzer as a stock screen? My intent is to screen through NYSE stocks and identify stocks that are within 25% of their 52 weeks high (well, this is just a simplified example, I say this to pre-empt the thread-crappers who are going to tell me to use Yahoo screens).

So what now?

On a separate note, it is high time you guys updated Ninja's support to have a link to NT7's help guide, SERIOUSLY. Don't make it so difficult for us to get to NT7's guide.
      Last edited by hoeman; 11-04-2010, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Hello hoeman,

Unfortunately the Kinetick EOD feed will only provide historical daily data and no real-time data.

You will need to connect to a supported data feed that provides real-time data.

The NinjaTrader 7 help guide can be accessed at the link below.

You can access the help guide within NinjaTrader 7 as well by hitting F1.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So Market Analyzer only works with real-time data? I can't use Daily data and use Market Analyzer as a stock screen?

Comment

Unfortunately, the AskPrice, BidPrice and LastPrice columns are updated by real-time data.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by chartchart, 05-19-2021, 04:14 PM
            3 responses
            1 like
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by bsbisme, Yesterday, 02:08 PM
            1 response
            0 likes