Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble Connecting to IB after Re-Install

Good Morning,

Last week I had to do a re-install of NT7 in order to resolve an import issue I was having.

Steps taken: deleted both the 6.5 & 7 versions, fresh re-install of NT7, now running NT 64-bit 7.0.0.19

Prior to this time I was able to connect to InteractiveBrokers without any problems through both NT6.5 & NT7. I have set up IB via Tools -> Acct Connections -> Add. Now when I go to File -> Connect -> Interactive Brokers I recieve the attached error message. Can you provide me some guidance on what I've done wrong.
    Thank you, Joel
    Attached Files

Hi Joel,

Thanks for your post.

If you have another 3rd party application connected to TWS, ensure that it is not using a Client ID value of zero.

Try shutting down this application and then connecting NinjaTrader to TWS.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply Kyle,

Sorry, but I noticed that my regular IB account will open, but my second IB paper trading account will not open. How can I point NT to access the paper account.
      Thanks, Joel
      Last edited by DTdr2; 08-09-2010, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Hi Joel,

From the Control Center, click Tools > Account Connections.
        In the account connections menu, select your IB connection, then press change.
        In the connection wizard, click Next twice - client ID will be listed at the bottom left size of the menu.

Per the client ID itself, this needs to be set to 0, and by default would be. What I was asking was, are other applications using TWS to connect to IB as well?

Comment

I checked and the Client ID is set to 0. No other applications are using TWS that I'm aware of.

If I close all of my TWS's I recieve the typical "Login Failed" message when trying to connect. I then log in to TWS Regular account and my data is displayed properly. Log out and open TWS Paper account, Login, then try to connect TWS however recieve the "Refused it" message. Is this something that is on IB's end, or NT?
          Thanks Joel.

Comment

Hi Joel,

1.) Are you saying that it is possible to connect to one account but not the other?

2.) Which version of TWS are you using? (Help > About Trader Workstation)

Comment

Thanks for the help Kyle,

1.) Are you saying that it is possible to connect to one account but not the other? Yes

2.) Which version of TWS are you using? (Help > About Trader Workstation)

(Simulated Trading)
              Build 907.7, Aug 2, 2010 12:44:30 PM
              Jolt Build 1.1.6, Jun 18, 2010 03:21:00 PM
              Nia Build 1.7.3, Jul 8, 2010 04:38:58 PM
              ModelNav Build 1.1.28, Jun 25, 2010 06:42:28 PM

Java Version: 1.6.0_20

(Live Account)
              Build 907.7, Aug 2, 2010 12:44:30 PM
              Jolt Build 1.1.6, Jun 18, 2010 03:21:00 PM
              Nia Build 1.7.3, Jul 8, 2010 04:38:58 PM
              ModelNav Build 1.1.28, Jun 25, 2010 06:42:28 PM

Java Version: 1.6.0_20
              0)

When I connect through the live version the API tabs opens and NT then starts to work. This does not happen when I try opening up the Simulated Trading account.

Comment

Hi Joel,

Thanks for the clarification.

Please uninstall the version of TWS you're currently using, then install version 906.8 via the following link: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...nstall_906.exe

You may need to re-enable the API settings as described at the following link after reinstalling: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...ivebrokers.htm

Comment

Ok Kyle, I used the following link to install TWS 4.0, but when I try to open the desktop shortcup only recieve a "Missing Shortcut" error message. When I access Start -> All Programs -> Check for TWS Updates it says I have the latest version of 4.0 installed. When I do a search I can't find the program. Can you guide me on finding it in my programs please?

Comment

Hi Joel,

Did you remove TWS 907 via the Windows Control Panel prior to installing 906.8?

Comment

I never had it installed. Any time I opened TWS I would do it through the website. Now when I open TWS I do it via https://cwt1.interactivebrokers.com/.../servlet/login. If I Login then this way and access NT connect IB automatically takes me to the 907 which then causes a no connect error.

Comment

Hi DTdr2,

Thanks for the clarification.

You need to download and install the stand-alone version of TWS.
                        The web-based version of TWS is not supported.

Comment

Thanks Kyle and issue resolved.

Don't know if you guys can use this, but IB 4.0 has an issue on 62bit vs 32bit systems and I could not follow your directions because of this. Called IB and they sent me the following email which resolved the issue and allowed me to follow your next step. Now everything is working like a champ, thanks to the great support at NT.
                          Thanks again, Joel

IB Directions:
                          This issue usually is related to running a 64 Bit OS. In order to get TWS to load without giving any error message about having to manually search for javaw.exe please do the following:

1. Locate javaw.exe located in the following directory:
                          a. C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_20\bin(Note your version may be different from jre1.6.0_20)
                          2. You are going to COPY the javaw.exe file to the ‘clipboard’ (right-click Javaw.exe and select copy)
                          3. Now paste it into the following directory:
                          a. C:\Windows\System32(right-click the System32 folder and select paste)
                          4. Once this is complete, the TWS shortcut on the users desktop will work with no errors.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post wzgy0920  
                          Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                          5 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post wzgy0920