Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nt 7

I've just upgraded to NT7 and noticed a few things i'd like to mention

1 - Is there any way to exclude data from a chart? In NT6 you could set a start time and an end time for a chart which would then discard data outside these times

2 - I have a market analyser which is linked to a chart if i place a vertical line at say 14:30 on the chart and then change instruments using the MA the new chart doesn't have the vertical line at 14:30 anymore, where NT6 did. Is there any way to add lines which will be used on all charts selected from a linked MA?

3 - I've noticed that the signals generated by MA differ from what I see on the chart. The signals drawn on the chart are correct but MA seems to interpret my indicator differently. Anything I can do to bring these back in line as I receive false email alerts

Hello ryebank,

Thank you for your note.

1. Within NinjaTrader 7 this can be done using Session templates. To change your Session template please right mouse click within your chart-->Data Series-->Session template.

You may also create custom Session templates by going to Tools-->Session Manager-->New. I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over the Session Manager.

2. Unfortunately the drawn object will only be visible when the original instrument is selected again. I will forward this to our development team for future considerations.

3. Can you please confirm you have the same Data Series used within the Market Analyzer as you do within your chart such as 150 Tick, 5 Minute, etc. Also be sure all other parameters are set the same.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Question 3

"3. Can you please confirm you have the same Data Series used within the Market Analyzer as you do within your chart such as 150 Tick, 5 Minute, etc. Also be sure all other parameters are set the same."

Yes, i have the following in data series

Price Based on LAST
      Type Minute
      Value 60

And a chart displaying 60Minutes

Comment

Are all parameters such as Calculate on bar close the same as well?
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hi

Yes 'Calculate on bar close is set to true' in both MA and on the chart

Comment

ryebank,

Please right click in the chart and select Data Series - what Session Template is used?

Next, right click in the Market Analyzer and select Data Series - what Session Template is used in this window?
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

chart settings

in the chart i have <use instrument settings> set as a session template

and i also have this setting in the MA

Comment

Hi ryebank,

If the following three settings are the same within the chart and MA then the indicator values you should match.

1. Session Template
                2. Calculate on Bar Close
                3. Data Series-In the MA this data series is defined when applying the indicator, but the chart will have the option of using other data so you will want to make sure that it matches the data series for the chart. So if you are applying the instrument to the chart you use the same value as you MA. In most cases the value used in a chart when set to default is the Close value of a bar, rather than the Last value.

If you change that value in the MA from Last to Close do the values correspond.
                Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
                  Hi ryebank,

If the following three settings are the same within the chart and MA then the indicator values you should match.

1. Session Template
                  2. Calculate on Bar Close
                  3. Data Series-In the MA this data series is defined when applying the indicator, but the chart will have the option of using other data so you will want to make sure that it matches the data series for the chart. So if you are applying the instrument to the chart you use the same value as you MA. In most cases the value used in a chart when set to default is the Close value of a bar, rather than the Last value.

If you change that value in the MA from Last to Close do the values correspond.
                  Thank you for the information

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post GLFX005
                  by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM