Historic Forex Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historic Forex Data

I have made the connection to Gain demo feed...which is great.

But how do I get daily and 4hour data from Ninja's servers? Will this affect the live feed from Gain?

Can I be connected to both simultaneously What is the configuration and where is it done. Any direct links?

Do I need to add a ninja trader server connection somewhere? I've searched around the forum...but lots of specialized cases.

Any way what I want is all time frames to work monthly,weekly, daily, 4hour all the time when ever I open a chart...and DATA lots of data all that ninja has and more.

Can Ninja deliver this? Can't seem to find it ..just blank charts

Hello,

Thank you for your forum post.

When creating the connection to GAIN. Goto Control Center->Tools->Account Connections->GAIN Connecction->Edit->Follow the setup wizard until you get to the option to use NinjaTrader Data Servers. Select this option and then select OK.

Once this is done you will be able to pull up historical tick data and historical minute data. In NinjaTrader 6.5 you will be unable to pick up historical daily data however this has been added to NinjaTrader 7.

NinjaTraders Data feed Providers and what they provide:

NinjaTrader 7 is in the later stages of beta testing and the public beta has been released and is available at the link below. There is no release date for NinjaTrader 7 yet. Please visit the below link for information on NinjaTrader 7 features and release information, select click here to download and input your license key. Then select download version 7 for all the information pertaining to the NinjaTrader 7 Open beta.

If you need historical data for larger time frames such as daily and above you will need to connect to a data feed provider that will provide this data and then disable historical data from GAIN.

I have included information below on how to obtain discounted rates and free trials from the following datafeed providers.

Barchart.com (subscriptions starting at $45/monthly):

IQFeed offers a 7-day free trial for NinjaTrader users.

eSignal promotional rate for NinjaTrader clients:

Also our new Kinetick for NinjaTrader 7 www.kinetick.com

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post sarafuenonly123