Missing GC Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing GC Data

I am using ZenFire data feed from AMP. I am having issues getting GC for the 12-10 or 10-10 contract. I get some data, but for example, I only show 1200 contracts for 8/9/2010. I asked a friend who is also using the same feed, he sees 40K+.

I have done this:

Disconnect
    Tools
    Historical Data Manager
    Edit tab
    Select ES-->Right mouse click-->Delete
    Close NinjaTrader
    Documents
    NinjaTrader 7
    Open the db folder
    Open the cache folder
    Select all files-->Right mouse click-->Delete
    Open NinjaTrader
    Connect
    Open a new chart

I have re-downloaded using the historical manager. I just have no way getting all the data, even though others are.

Thoughts?

Hi bobcat70,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please, repair and recreate the connection to Zen-Fire. When doing so please make sure that the Historical Data is provided using the NinjaTrader servers.

• Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections--> highlight the connection--> click Remove
    • Then go to the Tools menu--> select Options--> select the Data tab--> click Repair DB
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections and recreate the account connection.

If that does not work after reloading a chart can you please provide a screenshot of the chart with a volume indicator applied. To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Tried all that. No change.

Here is the 233v chart: http://screencast.com/t/MGJhNWM2YmM
      6 233v bars for 8/9 only.

Here is a 60min chart: http://screencast.com/t/OWY3NTAxZ

Here is the Historical Edit Window: (notice there are no Tick Values after downloading): http://screencast.com/t/OWQ3ODM0OGMt

Thanks
      John
      Last edited by bobcat70; 08-09-2010, 05:07 PM.

Comment

bobcat70,

Thank you for those screenshots.

Can you please right click on the chart and then highlight the added instrument. Please set the Session Template to be <Default 24/7> and see if you are able to load more chart data.

Additionally, can you please check the log tab in the Control Center and see if there are any error messages listed there.

Comment

I run all my charts in 24/7, but just to be safe, here it is again in case the 1st chart was not 24/7: http://screencast.com/t/MDEyZmJlNW

60min: http://screencast.com/t/ZjZlMTQzZDgt

There are no errors related to anything when I loadup a chart, download data, etc.

Comment

Hi bobcat70,

Can you please close NinjaTrader 7 and then check, and disable any antivirus and firewall applications that you may have running. Please then check the charts to make sure those applications may not be blocking access to the NinjaTrader historical data server.

Comment

If that was the case, I wouldn't be getting YM data, I wouldn't been able to trade live today, etc right?

But I disabled my virus software/firewall and redownloaded - no change.

Comment

Hi,

Can you please go to Tools-->Instrument Manager and then find the GC contract and then select Delete.

After deleting please repair your database by going to Tools-->Options-->Data, and then from that same screen please reset the instruments.

Once you have reset the instruments please recreate a new chart for the GC contract.

Comment

That did the trick! I have data now. Thank you very much Ryan. I might do that on all the instruments I use.

Comment

Hi bobcat70,

That should not be necessary, but sometimes it is necessary when the instrument will not load the available historical data.

If you are going to be doing it for a lot of instruments, though then the quickest thing you can do is rename the database.

To rename the DB:
                    • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
                    • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> DB--> NinjaTrader.sdf.
                    • Right click on NinjaTrader.sdf and select "Rename."
                    • Name it "NewNinjaTrader.sdf."
                    • Then restart the software.

Comment

I am very confused about the data issues with NT. Bobcat and I are running the same strategy on GC. The trades are different, the profit is different - even after he has followed your instructions and reloaded. This is how different - I show $1000 profit on our system with GC today sim trading - he is showing a $77 loss. How do we know who has correct data?

On YM today, sim trading takes a reverse and goes long for a great profit. On the same trade, the analyzer holds the original trade without reversing for a full stoploss about 30 minutes after sim trader reversed. Other trades are also different. Needless to say, the profit/loss is vastly different.

How is anyone to know when the data is corrupt. How am I supposed to start live trading when I have no confidence in the data - historical or live. How can I trust the analyzer, sim trading or live trading. These problems are making me lose the confidence in the software necessary for testing our automated strategy and especially for ever turning it on live.

I am thankful that Bobcat was not running the system live on GC today but he was on the YM. This problem is an extremely costly one. And even though I made a great profit on sim with GC today, it's apparently meaningless.

Thanks,
                      Roxie

Comment

I think I will start different threads for these items.

Comment

Hi roxie and bobcat70,

I am going to respond to roxie and then you, but some of the information may overlap, but going forward I will respond on the other thread.

The difference in the GC issue would not be modified because the trades were placed on live strategy on the sim account, which was based on the available data. Even in real-time this data will be plotted based on the PC clock.

One thing you can do is sync your clock, and do so using your local time. You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.

In the other thread can you please clarify the settings you are using for your strategy in the Market Analyzer.

The data that NinjaTrader plots is based on the accuracy of the clock, and the speed at which tick data is loading. Because Zen-Fire data is time stamped with an exchange time it will show accurately historically, but a real-time chart that is reloaded may appear different.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                          0 responses
                          1 view
                          0 likes
                          Last Post cls71
                          by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM