• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Order Partial Fills in SIM account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Order Partial Fills in SIM account

I am observing a problem with NT handling of a partially filled order. I have attached the spreadsheets of the Log, Executions, and Orders. The initial order is a short of 5 contracts. When the order is partially filled for 1 contract, the log shows that NT is now pending change for a quantity of 6 contracts (instead of 4) {I have highlighted this entry in bold}. It appears the simple maths of 5-1=4 is becoming 5+1=6. The result is that when the total of '5' contracts are being filled at the profit target level, there is still an extra order left in the system. I have observed this several times now and this is the cleanest set of logs I have to illustrate the point. I have seen the results as bad as 4 partial filled resulting in a Pending Change of 9, and once the 5 original contracts are filled, 4 contracts are still being traded.
    NT Version number 6.0.1000.4
    Attached Files

NT will not change order qty unless your strategy says so. You can e.g verify by TraceOrders.
    DierkNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by GMiller64, Today, 01:13 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post GMiller64  
    Started by itrader46, Today, 12:51 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes