Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Chart object removed if older than 20 days??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart object removed if older than 20 days??

Using b18 for eval purposes and spent first two weeks in July heavily marking charts with trendlines, fib levels, and text (daily & weekly commentary). Took a break to develop on other platforms and when I returned to NT7 today - *All* chart objects were gone. Tried to restore from earlier backups in July and still no chart objects. Log file has a series of messages " The following chart object has been removed since it is older than 20 days"

Two questions:
    I'm still in evaluation mode with NT and don't know all of it's features but please tell me if chart objects have an expiration period. Is this true?!?

I lost a lot of text comments that were essential to my eval of NT. Is there anyway to get them back? I don't want to have to start my evaluation over from the begining.

Thanks you.

Hi Jack99,

Thank you for your post.

1.) Global Chart Objects do have a expiration date of 20 days of not being viewed. This is done to conserve PC resources.

2.) Unfortunately, these objects have been removed from your current installation. You'll need to try other backups to determine whether or not these comments were saved in a prior backup.

3.) NinjaTrader 7.0.0.19 is available - please upgrade via the following link when you find the time: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/do...g_software.htm
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I will try other backups to see if the chart objects were saved. I always select all options during a backup (Config files, Database, ..etc..Templates, Workspaces)

Is it your expectation that chart objects are saved during a backup?

Comment

Hi Jack99,

Yes - drawing objects would be saved as part of backups.

Comment

I've gone through my backups, some made once a day, and still no chart objects of any kind on any chart.
          I'm trying to figure out how the backups would also have no chart objects, but can't come up with an explanation.
          Any ideas?
          Thanks

Comment

Hi Jack99,

Just curious, are you still seeing the '20 days' message in the log after importing?

Comment

No. The log file indicates the chart objects were all deleted when I opened the various workspaces this morning.
              Either all chart objects were removed from all backups ( I have 11 backups for a four week period ending July 19), or perhaps I'm not doing the restore process properly.

Comment

Hi Jack99,

Thanks for the clarification.

As a test, please shut down NinjaTrader, then set your PC to use a date of 7/27/2010.
                After setting this date, restart NinjaTrader and restore from a backup.

Do drawing objects now appear?

Comment

It worked.
                  1. What do I need to do to make sure these chart objects are now saved?
                  2. Why did changing the date bring back the chart objects during a "restore"?

Comment

Hi Jack99,

I'm happy to hear that worked.

1.) You'll need to double click on each drawing object and set it to the local chart only. (i.e.: disable the All Charts linking) This will ensure that the objects are not deleted when you move your PC's clock back to the current date.

Keep in mind that the 20 day deletion effects objects attached to all charts only.

2.) NT is checking the date on the system against the date on the drawing object to determine whether or not to add it to the chart.

Comment

If your description is accurate, then there still may be a problem. About 98% of all the chart objects were attached to the chart only and were not linked to "All charts". There were only 3 or 4 objects in all of the workspaces that were linked to "All Charts"

So I'm still not sure why the objects were removed.

Comment

Hi Jack99,

Have you reset the PC's clock as of yet? If so, are the objects you've changed to local chart only removed?

Comment

Reset clock, re-opened all workspaces, and all of the chart objects are present. Very strange.

Comment

Hi Jack99,

I'm happy to hear that the objects are back to plotting as they should.

If any of these items disappear, please let me know and I'll provide additional instructions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
                            0 responses
                            1 view
                            0 likes
                            Last Post FrancisMorro  
                            Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                            10 responses