Working with Simulated Data Feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working with Simulated Data Feed

I'm trying to let another NT7 user test an indicator on live data but he only has the free version of NT7 and he doesn't have a data provider. Is the Simulated Data Feed a good proxy for a random live data feed? If not, what else would work?

Also, when I tried connecting to the simulated feed it ended up picking up my Gain Capital feed instead even though I wasn't connected to Gain. How do I get the simulated feed to actually be simulated rather than picking up one of my live data feeds?

Hello,

The simulated data feed is in fact simulated and internatlly generated. What happens is the Sim start price or the start price of the simulator is set to the close of the instrument and if you are using this on a instrument that you have connected to GAIN and get the Sim start price set as the last price you received from the live price feed so that chart does not gap.

On a new install of NinjaTrader that has no historical data there would be no historical data and he would need to run the Simulated data feed for a day to generate a days worth of historical data to test the indicator.

Another option is GAIN data is provided for free you dont have to have a GAIN account to get live GAIN forex data as well.

Comment

Thx Brett,
      Gain sounds like the better way to go. I didn't realize that you could just connect to Gain. I thought you had to set up at least a sim account with them.

Comment

Hello,

Yep you sure can, use the following guide to setup a free gain connection no account is needed.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by trilliantrader, Today, 03:01 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post helpwanted