MACD Multi Timeframe Scan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MACD Multi Timeframe Scan

I just switched from Stockfinder to NT7 and I'm trying to figure out where to start in creating a multi timeframe scan/alert of a stock. Basically I want to monitor from 10 to 15 instruments in the Market Analyzer and I want to get an alert when any instrument shows MACD rising on both its 5 and 15 minute charts. MACD parameters would have the same settings for both timeframes; then I can work from there.

I'm just not sure where to start. Do I have to create a custom indicator and apply it to the Market Analyzer, or do I create a custom strategy and then set an alert from that, or do I apply a strategy within Market Analyzer?

Hello DennisA,

You will need to create a custom indicator that triggers an alert when the MACD is rising. Unfortunately the alert function in the Market Analyzer will only allow you to create alerts using numerical values as comparison, see the link below.

Once you created the custom indicator, you can add it in the Market Analyzer using an indicator column. You would add it twice - 5 minutes and 15 minutes.

Unfortunately you cannot add a strategy in the Market Analyzer.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Did you resolve the MACD using MA ?

I've started to work with the same thing. I notice that the value returned by MA for MACD varies. I noticed the "default, ave, diff" option but still doesn't seem to correlate with the MACD graph values. any ideas ?

Comment

Hello Gino Magic,

Please make sure the chart and Market Analyzer use the same settings in regards to the MACD.

Check if the same session template is used so the MACD is calculated on the same data set. You can set the session template in the Market Analyzer Properties menu (right click Market Analyzer) and in the Data Series menu of a chart.

The amount of bars loaded in both windows need to be the same as well. Load the chart using amount of bars instead of days in the Data Series menu. Subsequently use the same amount in the Market Analyzer. Upon adding an Indicator column, please enter the same value next to '# of bars to look back'.

Make sure 'Calculate on bar close' is using the same setting in both windows as well.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post chbruno
        by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM