View Chart of Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

View Chart of Strategy

Is it possible to view the chart of a strategy that was added directly to the "Strategies" tab?

Also, I have a strategy that requires 200 previous bars to load, but when I open a new chart, and select my instrument with:

Load data based on: Bars
    Bars to load: 200
    End Date: <today>

I don't get 200 previous bars showing up in the chart

I also have my broker (IB) set to "Use InteractiveBrokers Servers" under the Historical Data section in the connection options.

And I have "Get data from server (if available)" checked on under the Data tab in the Options dialog.

I'm trying to get this working for GC, I have Merge policy set to DoNotMerge (not sure if that's relevant).
    Jeremytang
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Shark Indicators

Hello JeremyTang,

You can right click on a running strategy > Strategy Performance > Select option here

This produces a similar report to the strategy analyzer where you can view a chart.

It will attempt to load the data you specify, but if not supplied by your provider then it only loads what is available. It's good to check a chart to see what's available before attempting to run the strategy.

It may be useful to check this table, which indicates the type of history available depending on the connection used.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the rapid reply! Looks like I got it sorted out... One more thing, if I run into a contract expiry boundary, what's the best way to ensure that data loads from the previously expired contract into the chart?

Ie: I'm using gc 12-10 right now, and I currently have the mergeback policy set to donotmerge so I can properly backtest a continous contract on gc ##-##.
      Jeremytang
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Shark Indicators

Comment

Merge policy does not apply to continuous contracts with ## - ## as expiry. These contracts are put together by a data provider.

Merge policy will apply to your GC 12-10 contract and the best way to ensure data is loaded at expiration boundries is to allow merging. Then, the prior contracts are automatically merged to the current.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Stanfillirenfro, Yesterday, 09:19 AM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by TraderCro, 04-12-2024, 11:36 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes