Trade Visualization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade Visualization

I have one chart that I have set up with Chart Trader on and Plot Executions (TextAndMarker selected) so that I can follow the trade on the chart and have a record of the trade remaining after the trade is closed. At least in simulation mode sometimes the TextAndMarker stop plotting real time. When this happens then the only way that I have been able to correct it is to close NT and restart it. I don't really know what I am doing to cause this. Any thoughts? This has been happening periodically in Simulation mode. I don't know about real trading mode yet. Thanks.

Hi,

I have not heard of this before. What happens if you change the Plot Executions to 'Do not plot' and then change back again to 'Text and Marker'?

Does it start working again?

Vince
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried that. It did cause the TextAndMarkers that hadn't showed up real time to be displayed but when I issued new trades the new TextAndMarker did not show up. This has happened to me a few times. I will try and keep better track of when it does happen to see if I can get it reproduceable. Thanks.

Comment

Please keep me posted on your process and if you have a reproduceable scenario please send it over so we can do some testing on our end.

Vince

Comment

Trades not displaying

I have experienced the same problem today. I was chart trading-and about midway through the day any new trades were not displayed. I tried turning the diplay trades on/off but it didn't help.
          Jim-Boulder
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Elephant Tracks

Comment

Have you tried restarting the software? Are the plot executions coming back after doing this?

Vince

Comment

If Chart Trader is enabled, executions will only plot for the account that is selected in Chart Trader. Please double check that the executions that are not displayed in fact may be in a different account that is selected by Chart Trader.
              RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is it possible to plot trade visualization position lines (profitable-unprofitable) for non ninja script strategies?

Comment

Hi Bobbethgoo:

Thank you for posting.

Unfortunately, plotting trade visualization lines are not currently supported for non NinjaScript strategies.

I think this would be an excellent feature to add to our application and I will forward your suggestion to our development for thier list of possible future enhancements to the NT application.

Enjoy your day and happy trading.
                  RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ray and Vincent: When the trades have stopped plotting (for me) closing and restarting NT fixes it for me. I have assumed that the accounts are correct because they were plotting and then they weren't. I didn't do anything (that I know of) to change the accounts. Also, I have been running most the time in Global Sim mode while I am waiting for my new computer to arrive and so I don't think that I can even change to an account other than the Sim account. This phenomenon is very intermittent so I cannot reproduce it at will. It also hasn't happened since I upgraded a few days ago to the latest NT version but then it doesn't happen very often but it is frustrating when it does. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks Ryan,

Yes, it's very nice to have when saving a snapshot of trades for later review.

Comment

Hi Higler:

Thank you for sharing your experiences in regards to the plotting of executions. We will keep a support record of your inquiry in case others experience this same issue.

In the meantime, it appears everything is working as expected according to your last post.

If the problem re-appears, please let us know so we can attempt to resolve.

We would need a re-producible scenario, so if it does happen again, please write down the exact steps needed to reproduce on our end.

Enjoy your day and happy trading.
                        RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                        168 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post sidlercom80  
                        Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                        3 responses