Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello zimminy,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, this remains a limitation. Development is looking in to other ways to address this in the future, but no ETA for a change is available. When more information becomes available, we will update this thread.

Thank you for your patience.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am interested in trading ETFs through IB. I noticed that most of ETFs are on ARCA (as listed on Trader Workstation).

What should I do to have SMART routing when trading most popular ETFs like SPY, SH, USO, IWM.... I would like to set it once for good.

Comment

Hello zoki.rb,

Thanks for your post.

SMART routing can be accomplished a few different ways. While you will always need to enable an exchange in addition to 'Default', using this exchange when adding the instrument to a list will, for most instruments, enable SMART routing. This should be tested using the paper trading account before pushing live to ensure that SMART routing occurs as you expect.

If this does not do the trick, there is another slightly more complicated method to enable SMART routing through symbol mapping. If you are interested in this, I'd request that you send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with a link to this forum thread so that I can walk you through the setup.

Comment

I was about to purchase NT to use with IB, but if this limitation is not resolved, it's a deal breaker...
          Please give us update.

Meanwhile, is it feasible to use two connections - one for sending orders (IB) and another just to get price quotes? I have a TD Ameritrade account, and could use it for quotes if it works.

Comment

Hello ZenMachine,

This limitation remains, unfortunately.

It is possible to use multiple connections as you describe. More information about how NInjaTrader handles multiple connections can be found here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...onnections.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post PaulMohn  
            Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
            1 response
            0 likes