error on loading chart data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error on loading chart data

I can't load a new chart with ES 09-10 Globex 5 minute data. I constantly (e.g. after several attempts) get an erorr:

"Error on loading chart data for ES 09-10 Globex. Connection to data server is busy or not available right now. Please try again later."

Been trying all morning. No 5 min data for the morning session for me.

Is this common?

I'm connected via NT7 latest beta and Zen-Fire thru Mirus Futures in demo mode.

My wife is connected using NT6.5 and Zen with Mirus from a different location.

Bandwidth at both our locations exceeds 700kbps currently.

Hello billworld,

The error should not occur on a regular basis. Can you please disconnect/re-connect to Zen-Fire and let me know if the error message persists.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason. That solved the problem. Note: I did receive one "bogus" "connection lost" alert during the previous connection session. However, my 400 ticks chart was still properly updating and I thought it immaterial. My wife has also repeatedly experienced said "connection lost" alerts (at a different location with similar bandwidth). Is it best practice to disconnect and reconnect after receiving said alert even if it appears the current charts are updating just fine? Maybe only newly added charts get adversely affected?

Comment

NinjaTrader will automatically try to re-connect in case of a disconnection. I suspect NinjaTrader was immediately re-connected automatically - you can verify this in the Log-tab. If the lower left corner of the Control Center states 'Connected - *connection name*' in green, it indicates you are connected properly.

Comment

After disconnect and reconnect I'm still having problems. It backfills the data for prior days EXCEPT for today. If I create a new ES 09-10 5min (or any x min chart) if doesn't backfill data for today. Oddly, it begins drawing a bar immediately for today as if it was the first bar today. I'm set to backfill for 5 days and use the instrument settings for session times. I haven't seen this problem before. How to troubleshoot a resolution?

Comment

Can you please right click in the chart and select 'Reload Historical Data'. Does it load today's missing data?

If the option is grayed out, could it be you are disconnected from the historical data server? Do you perhaps see anything listed in the Log-tab that would indicate this?

In addition, please check if historical data is enabled as per your Zen-Fire connection as well. Go to Tools-->Account Connections, highlight the Zen-Fire connection and click Change. Make sure historical data is enabled.

Comment

NinjaTrader_Jason;185139]Can you please right click in the chart and select 'Reload Historical Data'. Does it load today's missing data?
              Option is grayed.

If the option is grayed out, could it be you are disconnected from the historical data server? Do you perhaps see anything listed in the Log-tab that would indicate this?
              Don't see anything in the log indicating a disconnect.

In addition, please check if historical data is enabled as per your Zen-Fire connection as well. Go to Tools-->Account Connections, highlight the Zen-Fire connection and click Change. Make sure historical data is enabled.
              Historical data IS enabled there.

Baffled.

Comment

Can you please try a disconnect/re-connect once more. If that does not make a difference, please try a reboot of your PC and check if that will make any difference.

If the issue remains, can you please send me your Zen-Fire username and password, so I can test the connection on my end. Please send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this thread.

Comment

I didn't have time to further troubleshoot this the other day. But, after a fresh restart the next day (Friday) everything was fine. Possibly a voodoo issue only rectified by restart and special incantations?

Comment

Hi billworld,

It was likely related to the internet connection, and perhaps an issue with the ISP at that given time. I know when you see things like this with the internet connection a restart will typically reset the connection, as well.

I am glad to hear that the issue is no longer persisting, though.
                    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The odd thing was that my wife was having a similar issue at the time with NT6.5 also connected to a Zen Fire demo feed and she was at a different location than where I was at the time (e.g. different bandwidth). Being that the common thread was we were both connected to Zen Fire demo feeds I'm suspecting maybe therein was the issue. But, I'm too new to this platform to know if that's a good guess.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                      10 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Leafcutter  
                      Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Max238