Running Strategies in Replay with Multiple Accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running Strategies in Replay with Multiple Accounts

When you are connected to the Market Replay Connection is it possible to run multiple strategies using the same instrument and have the results go to separate accounts? In other words all I see is the default account "Replay101". I want to run different strategies using the same instrument 2 or more times with the trades going to separate accounts (Replay102, Replay 103...)

Is it possible to add more replay accounts? If not will NT mixup the triggers and stops from multiple strategies if they are all running on the Replay101 account? (accidently hit a stop from a different strategy)

Thanks in advance,

Gil

Hi Gil, unfortunately Market Replay would always use the Replay101 account exclusively. It would be the same as live or simulation trading, as long as the overall account position matches the overall strategy position for the instrument you should be good as far as the synching goes.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Bertrand,
      Is there a chance to consider this evolution (to have more than 1 replay accounts) in the future?

Philippe.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Philippe and welcome here to our forums - we'll add your idea and request to our feedback list.

Comment

Could you supply the information necessary to unlock the ability to add a new "replay" type of account connection. I noticed that it is not available as a choice from the provider drop-down list. Is it a hard coded limitation that replay only submits to the Replay101 account? Also, I have a (live) licensed version of NinjaTrader and still have the demo license I used before I purchased the full version. Is it acceptable to run my live version and the demo version on two different computers to allow for parallel replay testing of strategies?

Comment

Yes, this would be acceptable use policy AutoTrade12 - unfortunately you could not create additional replay accounts.

Comment

I have the same problem - testing different strategy variations using market replay takes prohibitively long time.

Is there a way to use multiple market replay accounts now, 5 years later since the original ask? Does NT8 support this by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by alexandroid View Post
                I have the same problem - testing different strategy variations using market replay takes prohibitively long time.

Is there a way to use multiple market replay accounts now, 5 years later since the original ask? Does NT8 support this by any chance?
                Well, we were able to filter results by strategy through I believe NT8 B6, and that was removed by NT8 B7 (same Replay101). There was a bug that they couldn't fix for some unknown reason, were results would be cartesianed in some way or something strange. Trades would replicate (for example) 17 times, etc causing results 17x of reality.

The bug still exists in ATM as far as I remember in my last tests, because it's the same report.

For some reason this will be resolved in NT9.

At any rate, NT8 B10 and later will eat 100% CPU if you have too many charts (tabbed) or strategies/indicators. You can run 1 contract chart and 1 strategy and maybe 1 other chart very fast. Before everything ran fast.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post ryjoga
                by ryjoga

Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes