Adding Opentick to Zen Fire feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Opentick to Zen Fire feed

I'm trying to get TICK and TRIN data from open tick while connected to Zen Fire. However it can't find the instruments. I added Opentick as a backup connection, and verified that I can get TICKand TRIN by connecting to my opentick account. What am i missing?

Hi Pdawg,

Hope all is well.

The Tick and Trin are indices and those are not supported by Zen-Fire. Zen only supports Futures data. More info can be found here:

What you otherwise need to do if you want to have data for these Indices, you need to connect only to OpenTick. Don't have them selected as a back up datafeed for Zen-Fire.

Info on how to connect to OpenTick can be found here:
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/support_OpenTick.htm

Vince
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I read on the forum that we could have 2 connections to achieve this. Is this not the case?

Comment

Connecting

Originally posted by pdawg View Post
        I read on the forum that we could have 2 connections to achieve this. Is this not the case?
        Hello,

Yes, it is possible to have two connections. You will need to connect to OpenTick and the Zenfire. This will allow you to receive the data for the Indicies as well as Futures.

Once connected to Opentick and then ZenFire, you can add the Tick and Trin to the default list of instruments by following the instructions in the link below.

Comment

Thanks. Do I have to connect to Opentick First?

Comment

Open Tick and Zen Fire

PDAWG

I have both connections for the same reason that I would like to chart TRIN and TICK. I first connect to Zen Fire and then to Open Tick. I believe that should be the order - I was adivsed of this a few months ago.

Comment

great, thanks.

Comment

Using OpenTick for ADD and SP500

I just added OpenTick to feed the ADD and SP500 indices for the same reason ...i.e. I will be trading using Patsystems which only feeds futures, and I will be dropping IQ.

So, I signed up with OpenTick and the NYSE exchange fee of $1.

Using Instrument Manager I mapped the ADD to OpenTick using the symbol $ADDIFFN.

I then tested the feed by Disconnecting from IQ and the ADD did not update. So my OpenTick feed is not working. Any suggestions?

Also, I want the SP500 from OpenTick, so I added the OPRA exchange fee and mapped using $SPX. This resulted in a symbol error. Anyone know how to get that one going?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi ATI user:

Thank you for posting.

NT 6 already comes pre-built with the ADD and SP500 indices included and symbol mapped for Open Tick.

I just tested and was able to receive data for both of these from OT.

Please select the ADD and SP500 index instruments from the Instrument Manager.

I would suggest disconnecting from your other datafeeds, shutdown NT and restart the application and connect to Open Tick only for the first time testing these instruments. This will ensure that you will have no interference from another datafeed.

Best regards,
                  RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ryan

The problem with the mapping is that if you load the Zenfire sim license to test Zenfire...you lose all the NT preset symbol maps

I am testing with OpenTick only now on the market open.

Only OpenTick is connected and it is updating...great.

The SP500 however has error "Error on loading chart data: No data (1003)

So maybe map is wrong?...or OPRA is wrong exchange?

Comment

Hi:

By default the exchange for the SP500 index is set to CBOE as opposed to Opra.

Please try this exchange.

As per your sim license with Zenfire, I have not heard of this issue before. I would be happy to test this on my pc to verify if the license is affecting the instruments in your Instrument Manager.

To do this, please send me a note to support @ ninjatrader dot com and reference this post. Include your license key and the exact steps to re-produce including when the connection is established to Zenfire and the order of when you connect. (i.e. do you connect to Zenfire first and then Open Tick, etc.)

Best regards,
                      RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes. IQ has been picking up SP500 from CBOE. On configuring OpenTick is looked like it could pick up the data from OPRA, so I added it that way and included OPRA (as well as CBOE) in Instrument Manager setting.

Will send Zenfire info via email. Essentially all you have to do is load the sim key and it wipes out the map
                        Last edited by ATI user; 09-28-2007, 08:45 AM.

Comment

OpenTick symbol map "$SPX|CO"

OpenTick is working perfectly.

Although OT requires that you subscribe to OPRA (and not CBOE) to get their SP500 feed, OT has a built-in map at their end which uses the exchange code "CO".

So in NT Instrument Manager the map needs to be "$SPX|CO" which is the default map. Unfortunatley, if you had used the ZenFire sim key like I did, that map is erased. Putting it back, OT now works perfectly.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Perr0Grande  
                          Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post elderan