• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ATI not accepting user-supplied OrderID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATI not accepting user-supplied OrderID

I'm having trouble using the Client.dll when placing orders.In a C# application, I have a call which looks like this:

Code:
    NTClient.Command("PLACE", account.Name, instrument.Name, direction, quantity, 'MARKET", 0, 0, "DAY", "", orderID.ToString("N"), "", "")
    The order places and fills like it's supposed to, but it's not using the OrderID that I've supplied. In this case, the orderID variable is a GUID that I generate for each order. What's confusing is that I can see in the NinjaTrader log that it received my ID, but chose to assign a different one to the order. Is this expected behavior? How can I place an order with a user-assigned ID?

NT Log:
    Code:
    Order    Order='d8e4f5c9be6d40088213f06c954b8f4d/Sim101' Name='' New State=PendingSubmit Instrument='EMD 09-10' Action=Buy Limit price=0 Stop price=0 Quantity=1 Type=Market Filled=0 Fill price=0 Error=NoError Native error=''    
    Order    Submitting order without strategy...    
    ATI        AT     'PLACE;Sim101;@EMD.D;BUY;1;MARKET;0;0;DAY;;4d9f1ad7b2c54e15aa984106ce4dc6ac;;' processing

Hello,

I will have someone reply to you on Monday. Thank you for your patience.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

bsgetson, welcome to our forums - this is expected behavior, you can assign a user defined order id to your ATI order to be able to CHANGE / CANCEL it from your external code later, so you have a reference.
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, thank you for the clarification. So NinjaTrader has an internal reference to my user-supplied OrderID, but will expose an application-supplied ID in the log. Is there a lifetime on my ID?

Comment

This is correct bsgetson, the lifetime would be determined by when your order reaches a terminal state (cancelled / filled / rejected states).
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by HiddenPhilosopher, Today, 07:24 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post HiddenPhilosopher  
          Started by dkbyond, Today, 06:43 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes