ATI not accepting user-supplied OrderID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATI not accepting user-supplied OrderID

I'm having trouble using the Client.dll when placing orders.In a C# application, I have a call which looks like this:

Code:
    NTClient.Command("PLACE", account.Name, instrument.Name, direction, quantity, 'MARKET", 0, 0, "DAY", "", orderID.ToString("N"), "", "")
    The order places and fills like it's supposed to, but it's not using the OrderID that I've supplied. In this case, the orderID variable is a GUID that I generate for each order. What's confusing is that I can see in the NinjaTrader log that it received my ID, but chose to assign a different one to the order. Is this expected behavior? How can I place an order with a user-assigned ID?

NT Log:
    Code:
    [B]Order[/B]    Order='d8e4f5c9be6d40088213f06c954b8f4d/Sim101' Name='' New State=PendingSubmit Instrument='EMD 09-10' Action=Buy Limit price=0 Stop price=0 Quantity=1 Type=Market Filled=0 Fill price=0 Error=NoError Native error=''    
    [B]Order[/B]    Submitting order without strategy...    
    [B]ATI[/B]        AT     'PLACE;Sim101;@EMD.D;BUY;1;MARKET;0;0;DAY;;4d9f1ad7b2c54e15aa984106ce4dc6ac;;' processing

Hello,

I will have someone reply to you on Monday. Thank you for your patience.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

bsgetson, welcome to our forums - this is expected behavior, you can assign a user defined order id to your ATI order to be able to CHANGE / CANCEL it from your external code later, so you have a reference.
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, thank you for the clarification. So NinjaTrader has an internal reference to my user-supplied OrderID, but will expose an application-supplied ID in the log. Is there a lifetime on my ID?

Comment

This is correct bsgetson, the lifetime would be determined by when your order reaches a terminal state (cancelled / filled / rejected states).
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post Jon17
          by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM