Unable to import indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to import indicators

I am trying to import an indicator and keep getting the message attached ti this message. I am at a loss to know jow to isolate the error - I presume it is in a previously imported indicator although I do not recall seeing the message at the time of import or I would have fixed it.
    Thanks for your help

Just found an earlier reply to someone else - started by suggesting backing up - when I try to do this I get the message below so any ideas on this one too?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by eclipsed; 08-14-2010, 03:33 AM.

Hello,

I am sorry, something in your files has an error in it. You will need to figure out how to fix it or start with a new install of NT. Please email us from help>mail to support and request fresh install instructions if this is the option you need.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I was hoping for some input from your side as to how to go about solving this problem e.g. when would I need to reinstall - is there no other way, bearing in mind as I noted in my original message (and attached screen file) I cannot back up NT for the reason mentioned in the screen dump message.

Comment

Hi eclipsed,

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.

• Open NinjaTrader
        • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
        • Select an indicator and double click on it.
        • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
        • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.
        • From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

More information regarding debugging can be found at the link below.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi
          As you can see from my initial post attachment I have done this already and sent you a copy of the message. This message does not help me to isolate the problem hence I sent you a copy and a request for assistance.

As you will note, the problem is not in an indicator but seems to be more fundamental relating to "internal compiler errors" relating to MS.

As I also mentioned previously, removing and re-installing NT is going to be a problem as it will not let me back up (see my other attachment detailing the error message there) which states that the NT files are in a " non-compliable state".

For these reasons I am asking for more detailed support please.

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

We can help with specific (small scope) problems you may have and we can take quick looks at your code for any obvious errors, but we cannot debug your system for you. Debugging is 1/2 of programming and it will be something you will have to take care of yourself (largely). I suggest trying to narrow the issue down and ask individual questions. I really don't know the answer to your questions. I would have to spend a few hours debugging it for you, and we just don't offer that kind of support. You may want to have a NinjaScript Consultant to help you:

Take a look at this help link:

Or, as mentioned before, narrow the issue down and post specific questions.

Lastly, you can reinstall as a last resort.
            DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK then.
              I cannot back up my NT data and get a message saying that the NT files are in a " non-compliable state".

How do I back up when I get this message - as a non-programmer I am not sure whether I should just re-install NT, but my problem is how do I run a back up prior to removing NT and reinstalling?

Comment

You can uncheck the backing up of your non compilable NinjaScript files. Then, please save the raw CS files manually from the Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom > Indicator \ Strategy folders and do a clean install of the latest 6.5.1000.16 release (with prior deleting the MyDocuments > NinjaTrader 6.5 folder).

After reinstall you can then copy in your NinjaScript cs files in chunks to isolate out where the compile errors are resulting from.
                BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi
                  A great help but I didn't realise I would need my licence key on reinstall so did not note it! I kept copies of most NT files on a backup disc but don't know the format for the key. Can you tell me where to look please.
                  Thanks

Comment

You can check into your config.xml file or simply send us a note to support at ninjatrader dot com so we can look up your key and reply with it.

Comment

Oh dear - this looks like trouble. I did a complete delete and reinstall of NT and before I imported any indicators or strategies I compiled an indicator already in the NT download. I got the same four error messages I got when I first contacted you (see first email attachment).

Bit of a loss now what to do - do you have any ideas?
                      Thanks
                      Chris

Comment

Chris, then the best would be to contact us using the Help > Mail to Support feature in the software and ensure to have trace / logs as option checked, this will give us diagnostic files for review here.

Thanks

Comment

All sorted - NT Support and Bertrand are brilliant - thanks for help.
                          Chris

Comment

I had the same issue. What I found was if you are running NT7 on 64 bit Windows OS, then you need to compile the indicators using the 64 bit of NT7 only (and then go back to NT7 32 bit for using those indicators). So those who are using NT7 32 bit client (because they use zenfire) they have to switch back and forth between 32 bit and 64 bit NT7 clients to compile the indicator and run it for trading ( it's a pain). It would be great if NT7 team can:
                            a) fix zenfire adapter to work with 64 bit NT7 client (so one would not have to use 32 bit NT7 client at all and in turn this .NET issue goes away)
                            b) figure out a way that 32 bit NT7 client can compile indicators on 64 bit Windows OS

Comment

My problem was with Microsoft ,NET Framework - it became corrupted and I could not compile or import scripts. Had to remove and reinstall - a real pain but sadly quite common. NT Support were excellent.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post chbruno