Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MarketPosition is set to Flat

Hello,

I have just started with NinjaTrader and created my first strategy. The strategy trades FAS and FAZ and the rule is that at any given time I can only have a position open in either FAS or FAZ.

In the Positions property I have two entries: 0 for FAS and 1 for FAZ.Then, OnBarUpdated, I check Positions[opposite].MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Flat (where opposite is the index of the non-current symbol) in order to safeguard from entering positions in both FAS and FAZ at the same time.

Here is the problem. On this one date, I enter FAZ, and then, for some reasons, the strategy keeps entering FAS. I debugged it in VS 2010 and I can see that after EnterLong for FAZ is called on consequent calls to OnBarUpdated, the MarketPosition for FAZ is still shows Flat.

Not sure where to take it from here? Why is the MarketPosition not updated to Long after calling EnterLong on FAZ?

Thanks.

Evgueni

Evgueni, MarketPosition should change as soon as the position changes. There are a few other places this can be checked though, like OnPositionUpdate(), or by tracking executions in OnExecution(). If you would like, you can post your code here and we can take a closer look.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. It was my mistake -- I was indexing into the Positions property incorrectly.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Brevo
      by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes