How to set session times in NT6.5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to set session times in NT6.5?

I'm trying to get session times to appear correctly using Gain Capital data in NT6.5.

Since NT6.5 doesn't support Gain daily bars I'm using 1440 minute bars to build 1 day bars.

The problem is that I can't figure out how to get the closing 1440 minute bar price to match Gain's actual daily close. The Gain close and open is at 5:00pm. How do I set this session time for both real-time trading and backtesting?

bluelou, you would need to setup the session times in 6.5 directly in the chart properties (session begin / end time input, express Gain 5 PM close in your local time zone), just doubleclick on the chart to set those. The same would apply if you backtest in the Strategy Analyzer.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand,
      I don't use charts for backtesting or real-time trading. How do I set the session times from the strategies tab or from StrategyAnalyzer?

Comment

bluelou, the Strategy Analyzer and Strategies tab would both offer the session begin / end time inputs as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          bluelou, the Strategy Analyzer and Strategies tab would both offer the session begin / end time inputs as well.

Bertrand,
          I tried doing this but in my output file the daily close prices are the same as they were before I changed the session time. It seems that the session times aren't persisting and are going back to the default, whatever that is. Regardless, they are still far off from what I'm see as the Gain closing price as of 5:00pm EST.

Comment

The default is midmight your local time - if they go back to this, it would normally you're not entering them in the correct format, please ensure to enter them in line with how you've got your PC clock setup (12 / 24 hrs time).

Ho do you then access the daily close or virtual close in your code?

You could work with the Prior / CurrentDayOHLC(C) indicator for this as they would be tied to the custom sessions you use.

Comment

Actually, the closing prices at the session ends look okay. Maybe you'll know the answer to this...

In NT7, the Gain data closing daily price appears to be at a 5:00 PM EST default- which is what I would expect. But, on Gain's own platform they are using an 8:00 PM EST close. Is NT adjusting the Gain data to forex market conventions with a 5:00 PM close or is Gain supplying a closing daily price marked at 5:00 PM?

Comment

bluelou, we will look into this and get back to you.
                AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I would unfortunately not know how Gain's own platform works, 5PM EST is the regular FX spot rollover and our session settings would use this.

Comment

Ninja trader 7.20 does not start

I am using vista home, I have just installed Ninjatrader 7.20 it just doesn't start, although in Task Manager / processes, it shows that Ninjatrader is running, but the software doesn't boot,

when I try to open it again, it gives the message that, "There can be one istance of Ninja Trader running at a time (NinjaTrader/2), Please terminate any other instance of NinjaTradr before starting a new instance.

but even after ending that process, the problem persists,

Please Guide
                    Sunil

Comment

Welcome to our forums - do you use a multiscreen setup so NT could've started on your non primary screen perhaps?

Are you seeing the same after a clean reboot?

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post PaulMohn  
                      Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                      1 response