Couldn't Cancel Trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn't Cancel Trades

Today while trading I had an order that I just couldn't cancel. It was a stop order and pushing the X didn't do anything.

The X would look like it got clicked (the animation) and then the order would just be there. Then Id click it a few more times. Tried clicking the X on the CLOSE button.

During this time, connecting to NT was slow. Usually it takes maybe 10 seconds while this time it was taking about a minute.

After I restart my computer a few times, I see my order got filled and Im down a buncha ticks. The order fill has an "external" in it. This happens again as I try to get out of the position.

After a restart and a few .. I finally get out of my positions for some losses.

I just want to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Does this have to do with indicators taking up too much CPU speed? bad internet? bad brokerage? any ideas?

Thanks for any help

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

What data feed provider are you connected to?

Also, about what time did this occur today?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

mirus futures zenfire feed.

happened at ~ 9:07 am oclock Chicago time.

It was also doing some other weird things .. One i remember was that I put in a buy limit for 2 contracts (to try to exit my 2 contract short position) and it would only show 1 contract. And I tried to change it (didn't work), tried to cancel it (didn't work) .. and just restarted

Also... I think it was only doing this in my live superDom. When i changed to the sim account, the orders would get placed and cancelled with no problem. Then I switch back to live account, see the order there, and tried to cancel by pushing the X (didn't work). Not exactly sure if this is true, just one thing i observed.

Oh and at one point .. my NT crashed showing some error message WHILE attempting to connect to mirus futures. Some charts were loaded and some weren't if that helps
      Last edited by ballz; 08-16-2010, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for that information.

This was my suspicion. At this time the Zenfire feed that Mirus uses has server issues and that were resolved about 15 minutes after that time. You would have experienced connectivity issues at this time which would have resulted in the stuck orders. This is a very rare scenario however it did happen this morning.

First, if this is a live trade please contact your broker to manage the position.
        Once you have closed the position with your broker please repair your database to remove the order from NinjaTrader.
        To repair your database please go to Tools--> Options--> Misc--> and click Repair DB.
        If this does not remove the order then the order will be removed when your broker resets their servers.
        If the order was submitted to the sim101 account please reset the sim101 account.
        To reset the sim101 account please go to Tools--> Options--> Simulator--> and click Reset

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. Glad to know it was an isolated case.

On a side note ... mirus's 24 hour emergency order desk wasn't picking up.

Comment

ballz,

Also see this thread:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888
            by DJ888