IB SPI data into NT - how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB SPI data into NT - how?

Hi! I've managed to connect and chart KOSPI index and futures by reading this forums instructions. I am having trouble doing the same for SFE SPI index and futures. Can you help me on how to fill in instrument manager. I must be using wrong symbols etc...
    Thanks.

Hello Avion,

Please see the attached screenshot how to setup the SPI in NinjaTrader to receive data for it from IB.
    Attached Files
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason. Got it!

Comment

I am having a similar problem. Have set NT7 instrument manager settings for the SPI as per the attachments in this thread but still no SPI data coming through, on DOM, charts or control centre. Getting forex data from IB with no problems as well as GC and SI, but not SPI. Any suggestions what I am doing wrong?
        Ken

Comment

Hello Ken,

Can you please disconnect IB and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab and click Reset Instruments. Restart NinjaTrader and check if you receive data.

If not, please tell me what NinjaTrader and TWS versions you have installed. You can check this at Help-->About (TradersWorkStation).

Comment

Hi Jason,

Tried the instrument reset, and no change. NT7 version is 7.0.1000.14. TWS version is Build 921.5, Nov 23, 2011 5:02:28 PM

Comment

Please note that NinjaTrader version 7.0.1000.14 requires TWS 938. Can you please download and install TWS 938 from the following link.

Check if you now receive data.

Comment

Thanks Jason - now receiving SPI data OK on charts but not on DOM. Would this be because it is outside normal trading hours now, or is there another setting to play with?
                Thanks for a quick and accurate reply to my problem.
                Ken C.

Comment

Do you receive realtime data in the chart or in TWS for the SPI 09-13? If no realtime data is received there, you will not receive data in the SuperDOM either.

Comment

Yes Jason - receiving real time data in TWS and also in NT7 charts - just cannot get the dynamic Super DOM to show the data. Not a big problem for me as I will trade off the chart but curious as to why cannot get the data on the DOM

Comment

You should receive data in the SuperDOM as well.

Can you please windowlink the SuperDOM to the chart that does receive realtime data. Subsequently check if realtime data is received in the SuperDOM as well.

You can windowlink windows using the L button in the upper right corner. Please set it to the same color for the windows you like to link. More information can be found at the link below.

Comment

All good Jason after linking the DOM to the chart. Thanks again for the quick support

Comment

I'm having the same problem at the moment using Esignal data.
                          Ninja Support do you have a link that shows how some one can fill in the insrument editor correctly for the SPI ...(day data only) ... (night session).
                          Since 2008 / 9.
                          I see many people have had similar issues I would like to suggest a thread be created and dedicated on how to fill in all aspects to recieve data from your top data providers. This would be very helpfull to all of us in the community and save many hours in support having duplicate replies. I do appreciate all the help in the past but still think this would be a win win situation for all parties !!

Comment

Hello,

I am having trouble locating the instrument within eSignal's symbol catalog to determine what settings should be used. What symbol would you use within eSignal itself to access the data for this symbol?
                            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by SantoshXX, Today, 03:09 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post SantoshXX  
                            Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes