Diferent value between M-Analyzer and IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diferent value between M-Analyzer and IB

I have a problem with the Market Analyzer and the TWS from IB Broker. I have in a few stocks a big diferent of value. For example.
    WYNN:
    ADX: MA= 58.76 IB= 25.12 / RSI: MA=85.07 IB= 70 / MACD: MA= 0.744 IB= 0.063

Question: why is that so and how can i correct this?

I use NinjaTrader 6.5 Simulated Trading and TWS from IB Brokers

Thanks a lot for any help
    Michael

Hi michi08,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the forum.

Can you please right click on the chart and then select Properties and let me know what the session begins and ends times are set to, and then in the Market Analyzer please right click and select Properties and check those same Session Begins Times.

You will also want to make sure that the period for the indicators is the same. If you provide a screenshot of your MA and the Chart we should be able to determine where the issue rests.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
      Hi michi08,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the forum.

Can you please right click on the chart and then select Properties and let me know what the session begins and ends times are set to, and then in the Market Analyzer please right click and select Properties and check those same Session Begins Times.

You will also want to make sure that the period for the indicators is the same. If you provide a screenshot of your MA and the Chart we should be able to determine where the issue rests.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Hi Ryan
      here I send you the screenshots and i hope you can help me.
      thank you
      Attached Files

Comment

time period in the Market Analyzer are the same 12:00 am - 12:00 am

Comment

Hi michi08,

For your Market Analyzer can you please right click on the background and then select Columns. For your added columns can you please make sure that the Interval settings are the same as your 1 minute chart.

Additionally please take note of the Calculate on Bar Close property, and then in the charts right click and select Indicators and make sure that Calculate on Bar Close is the same in both the Market Analyzer and Chart.

Comment

Hi michi08,

For your Market Analyzer can you please right click on the background and then select Columns. For your added columns can you please make sure that the Interval settings are the same as your 1 minute chart.

Additionally please take note of the Calculate on Bar Close property, and then in the charts right click and select Indicators and make sure that Calculate on Bar Close is the same in both the Market Analyzer and Chart.
            Now I´m confused, i had te restart the IB TWS and that changed all values in the Market Analyzer, i maked a sceenshot and you can see that also changed the MACD NinjaT Chart from the 1 screenshot.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by michi08 View Post
              Now I´m confused, i had te restart the IB TWS and that changed all values in the Market Analyzer, i maked a sceenshot and you can see that also changed the MACD NinjaT Chart from the 1 screenshot.
              But still something rong. Look at the ADX and ADXR

edit: ops, I´m sorry timeframe between chart and analyzer are not the same.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by michi08; 08-17-2010, 12:15 PM.

Comment

But i have still a diference between the ADX in the M-Analyzer and IB TWS from 10. How can i ajust that?

Comment

Hi michi08,

With the MACD you have a choice of which value to plot.

With the ADX do they correspond on the chart in NinjaTrader and the Market Analyzer, or is the difference only between TWS and the MA.

Comment

the difference are only between TWS and the MA

Comment

Hi michi08,

I can not entirely speak to that difference but are the settings the same in TWS that your MA and chart in NinjaTrader are using, such as calculating on the bar close (or not), same interval, and same indicator period.

Comment

Hi michi08,

I can not entirely speak to that difference but are the settings the same in TWS that your MA and chart in NinjaTrader are using, such as calculating on the bar close (or not), same interval, and same indicator period.
                        I maked an other screenshot

maybe that can help
                        Attached Files

Comment

michi08,

The period in IB is 30, while NinjaTrader is 14. If you change either one then those values should correspond.

Comment

michi08,

The period in IB is 30, while NinjaTrader is 14. If you change either one then those values should correspond.
                            Yes i saw it, forgot the save template, but the problem is the same, see new screenshot.
                            other question, is it possible that IB does not send all information?
                            Attached Files

Comment

michi08,

It is possible but the data that is being used to calculate based on the data that IB is providing.

In IB I notice that indicator is technically noted as ADX/DMI, while NinjaTrader has two separate indicators, an ADX and a DMI.

So it appears these are not the same indicators, and the main issue is that data matches what you see in a chart in NinjaTrader and the MA as that indicates the indicators are calculating in the same way.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DynamicTest  
                              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes