IB Reconnect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB Reconnect

After the forced disconnection from IB, Ninjatrader pops up a dialog informing me that it has been disconnected. I can then dismiss the dialog and then reconnect manually (all through NT). But is there a way to simply reconnect it automatically, without manual intervention? I mean is there a way to not have the NT dialog pop up and instead just proceed with restarting IB automatically?

It seems like the capability is there already, I just can't figure out what the proper settings are to get that behavior.

Jeremy
    Jeremytang
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Shark Indicators

Hi Jeremy,

It should try to reconnect for about a minute or so after a forced disconnect. However, after a while it gives up and you have to reconnect manually. We don't have a feature where you can enable to auto-reconnect for a longer period if you get disconnected.
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It seems like NT pops up a dialog and then nothing happens unless I dismiss it.
      Jeremytang

Comment

Hi Jeremytang,

Can you clarify for me how you are forcing the disconnect.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ib forced disconnection

IB trader workstation forces a closure every 24hrs. I've contacted IB support and they say there's no way around this.

You can control the time when it closes under global configuration -> lock and exit.
          Jeremytang

Comment

Just wondering if anyone is looking into this - is it possible to not have NT pop up that dialog and have it reconnect automatically?
            Jeremytang

Comment

Unfortunately this is not possible as the disconnect period is too long..

Comment

Hi Jeremy,

I use "twsstart" http://twsstart.free.fr/ . It does a automatically rollover of the log-out time in TWS (e.g. 10pm -> 10am -> 10pm). There are other good features build in. The author also published the source code of older TWSStart 1.x. With this tool TWS can run 24/7 without forced log-out.
                Last edited by ModularMix; 08-20-2010, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Hi Vincent, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the "disconnect period" being too long. The 24 hr mandatory log out is not the length of the disconnect period. You can reconnect merely seconds later after you're forced to log out.

I guess I'll spell it out:

If NT did n't pop up that warning message, and instead simply reconnected automatically - this would solve the problem. It appears to be either a small oversight in the design.
                  Jeremytang

Comment

Originally posted by ModularMix View Post
                    Hi Jeremy,

I use "twsstart" http://twsstart.free.fr/ . It does a automatically rollover of the log-out time in TWS (e.g. 10pm -> 10am -> 10pm). There are other good features build in. The author also published the source code of older TWSStart 1.x. With this tool TWS can run 24/7 without forced log-out.
                    Thanks Mod, I'll check this out. Hopefully NT can recognize that IB is back up, and automatically continue without manual intervention.

Jeremy
                    Jeremytang

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremytang View Post
                      Hi Vincent, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the "disconnect period" being too long. The 24 hr mandatory log out is not the length of the disconnect period. You can reconnect merely seconds later after you're forced to log out.

I guess I'll spell it out:

If NT did n't pop up that warning message, and instead simply reconnected automatically - this would solve the problem. It appears to be either a small oversight in the design.
                      Hi Jeremy,

The disconnect takes longer than the time we try to reconnect. When IB resets its servers, it takes longer than the period we try to auto/re-connect.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by ModularMix View Post
                        Hi Jeremy,

Hi Modular, I tried this out, and it seems to work. This gets around that automatic rollever time. I'm wondering are their any negative side-effects to doing this? IB tech support claims that a restart is needed every 24 hours to "resyncronize". Doesn't seem to make sense to me, but regardless that's what they said.

Just to test it, I wanted to see what would happen if IB closed unexpectedly. NT still pops up a dialog informing me the connection is cut, and doesn't reconnect automatically. Do you know a way around this (even if IB is back up).

Jeremy
                        Jeremytang

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                        3 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                        Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM