No market data available for sim trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No market data available for sim trade

I have my data feed with TDAmeritrade which shows up on the charts however when I try to place a trade I get an error that says there is no market data available to drive the sim engine. Please help

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please clarify the instrument, and interval of the chart.

Also, if you view that same instrument in the Orders tab of the Control Center do you see real-time data, and on the log tab do you see any error messages besides the one you mentioned.

Also, can you please reset the instruments. To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Misc tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

Disconnect from TDA and then close and reopen NinjaTrader and then repair the NinjaTrader database.

Please follow the instructions below to repair the NinjaTrader database.
    • Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
    • Select the "Misc" tab
    • Press the "Repair DB" button
    • Press the "OK" button

Once you have taken those steps please reconnect and then place an order.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanO; 08-18-2010, 09:07 AM.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply. The insturment is the SPY and chart is 1 minute. I have followed the instructions above andI do not see real time data in the Orders tab and the log also says Automated trading disabled. What now?

Comment

Hi winja,

You will want to make sure that you can get data with the TDA feed for the SPY by adding the instrument.

Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.
        • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
        • Press the "New" button
        • *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
        • Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivty provider
        • Press the "OK" button

* If you wish to add an equity, this can be accomplished without following the steps above. Just open a chart (for example) and start typing in the symbol and a new instrument is automatically created. This is the process I used for the SPY.

I have also attached screenshots of the settings I am using to receive data for the SPY. Then once you are receiving real-time data you should be able to place simulated trades.
        Attached Files

Comment

Ryan, I have NT on another machine and it is working and I can place sim trades there but the machine I want to use appears to have the same settings and I can get a new chart but it does not refresh automatically. If I right click Reload Historical data it will update but does not give real time quotes. Instrument manager looks fine. I am lost on the fix.

Comment

winja,

Can you please sync your PC clock, and then check your charts for real-time data.

You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.

Comment

Ryan, the time setting is fine and set to automatically sync. When I open a new chart it populates historic prices but does not update for real time and so I do not see Bid Ask Last in Orders tab just n/a.

Comment

winja,

If the connection is receiving historical data but not real time data then it is configured correctly. As a result can you please remove, repair and recreate the connection.
                • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections--> highlight the connection--> click Remove
                • Then go to the Tools menu--> select Options--> select the Misc tab--> click Repair DB
                • Restart NinjaTrader
                • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections and recreate the account connection.

If that does not work can you please send your log and trace files to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, ATTN RyanO, and please reference this thread.

Trace files will be located by going to My Documents->NinjaTrader 6.5->Trace-> trace.2010xxxx.txt
                Log files will be located by going to My Documents->NinjaTrader 6.5->Log->log.2010xxxx.txt

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post elirion
                by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                0 responses