Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crash Recovery

Hi,

While trading live yesterday, NT crashed for one minute and had to be restarted. I have account sync set to true and "immediately submit live working historical orders" set to on. After restarting NT, I turned my strategies back on, which then submitted market orders to synchronize my strategy positions to my account position. However, this caused unnecessary slippage and commissions. Is there any way for me to restart the strategies and have my strategy positions read at their level before the crash without executing market orders for synchronization?

For example, say I have two strategies running, which have the following positions: #1: Long 5; #2: Short 10. Account position is short 5. NT crashes. When I restart NT, my account position is still short 5. Can I simply re-enable the strategies and have them read at #1 = Long 5 and #2 = Short 10 without me having to manually enter any orders?

Thank you.

Hello drkempus,

If I read correctly - you're aware of the effects sync has and are looking for ways to identify the strategy position prior to starting.

Unfortunately there's no way of identifying a strategy position prior to running it. You might consider starting in Sim with the same settings prior to starting the live version.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DJ888
    by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
    0 responses