Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capabilities of NT simulation account / mode

Hello,

Is it possible to auto trade 3 different strategies on 3 different markets (say Oil, Gold, and Corn) in TradeStation (using the NT DLL method) in Simulation mode in NT (Sim101 account) as I want to run these 3 strategies on 3 different futures markets in simulation mode b4 trading in a LIVE account using NT DLL + TradeStation + MF global broker? Reason I ask is how would I get the price data from TS feeding into NT for all 3 markets at the "same time"? can this be done? or can i only "paper trade" on 1 futures market at a time using the NT sim 101 account ??

thanks in advance. much appreciated.

regards

Rod

Rod, this can be done - you would need 3 TS charts for those markets and feed over realtime data with the NTExternalFeed strategy applied to each chart. All strategies can collectively execute to our Sim101 for your testing then.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Multiple accounts

In using the DLL TS interface, are we limited to one NT account for execution?
      I did not see a mention of account number or name entry in the Sample Strategy for TS. I am assuming it is based on default account setup in ATI in NT..

The multiple account setup is very clear in different Workspaces using the email interface...

Please let me know if I am missing how to setup which ccount to trade in NT, Sim101 or any other NT account.

Thanks

Comment

Correct, for the default order placement functions for EasyLanguage it would use the ATI default account as set in the NT options, however those could be either amended to use any other account or just use the NTCommand function to place orders as needed - it contains an account parameter as well.

Comment

I have my trading logic included in an indicator of TS which is applying on 3 radar screens(RS). Every RS may have 30 symbols, and its own bar interval such as 1m, 3m, and 10m. Can I use 3 simulation accounts of NT to test them separately at same time?

Thanks.

ccl3093
          Last edited by ccl3093; 01-29-2014, 11:35 PM.

Comment

ccl3093, if you have a paid license of NT you could certainly create multiple simulation accounts and also drive to different accounts over the DLL interface we offer to TradeStation. You would just to include an account parameter to submit to in your indicator order logic and thus be able to set as needed when applying the study.

Comment

I am going to use dll based. Do I need to keep NT open or even create a connection between NT and TS before I send signal from TS to NT?

I sent NTBuyMarket after hours for testing, and return = 0. How can I see the order on NT? I have multiple simulation accounts.

Thanks.

ccl3093
              Last edited by ccl3093; 01-30-2014, 11:24 PM.

Comment

ccl3093, both NT and TS would need to be kept open and connected for the order placement / management to work. I would suggest getting started with the NTSample strategy shipped with NT, the eld could be found to import in the autotrade folder under C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin

Comment

1). I created connection using NTExternalData, and see real time come from TS, and show on chart of NT. actually, I don't need any chart of NT.

2). my indicator send an order from RS to NT, and return = 0. However The account dropdown is grey out on Control ctenter, and default to sim101. The account I used is ntsim1 which I can see it on the list of account. How to check any orders from TS under ntsim1?

Thanks.

ccl3093

Comment

Do you perhaps mean the Sim101 account here?

The account dropdown would be greyed out on NT if you're in Global Simulation Mode, meaning only orders to Sim101 could be send.

Did the sample I pointed you to work out in submitting basic order not, that would be the first test I would use for troubleshooting a setup here.

Comment

I use NT(64) 7.0.1000.14, and TS 9.1.

NTConnected(1) return false by printing and no message box shown on TS chart even I can see aapl real time data on NT chart.

Thanks.

ccl3093
                      Last edited by ccl3093; 01-31-2014, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Ok, but you have opend up NT for ATI orders via the File > AT Interface checkmark?

Comment

Because TS chart has aapl, order from NTSample can filled NT end. Any order was sent from RS for twtr, qqq, and spy were rejected since no market data available on NT end. How to resolve this issue?

I am assuming that we send order from TS to NT and then NT uses its own real time to fill order for simulation.

Thanks.

ccl3093
                          Last edited by ccl3093; 01-31-2014, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Your understanding is correct here, I thought you were connected to another feed in NT to simulate. But if that is not the case, insert the external feed to charts of your other symbols as well to feed data for driving the simulator over to NT.

Comment

1). I am confused if NT has its own real data source, or depends on external feed from TS to fill a sim order?

Thank you very much for the assistance!

ccl3093
                              Last edited by ccl3093; 01-31-2014, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
                              9 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by George21, Today, 10:07 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post George21