Windows 7 Connection Lost issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 7 Connection Lost issues

Ninja Trader 6.5 is spontaneously disconnecting and reconnecting every couple hours on my new laptop which runs windows 7. This never happened on my old laptop which ran Vista. The internet connection is the same as before so I don't think that's the issue. Has anybody else experienced this problem and if so is there some adjustment I need to make to the firewall on Windows 7?

Hi Master Scalper,

Thank you for your post.

1.) Which version of NinjaTrader 6.5 are you using? (Help > About)

2.) Which data provider are you using?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

1) I'm using NT version 6.5.1000.16
      2) Zen-Fire

Comment

Hi Master Scalper,

Thanks for the clarification.

I do know that Zen-Fire experienced some wide spread ISP related issues on the 16th. Those issues are now resolved, however.

A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API wil continuously try to re-establish a connection. Common reasons that contribute to connection stability are:
        • ISP issues
        • Hardware firewall changing IP addresses frequently
        • Dynamic IP addresses changing frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week buy you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, requesting a static IP address may help.
        • With Windows XP SP2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections (10 programs making socket connections through the internet) Windows will randomly shut down some connections
        • Broker/market data servers may be experiencing temporary downtime

Comment

What about Windows 7?

Okay but I was looking for some clarification as to what role changing to Windows 7 may play in this issue. As I said earlier I didn't experience this problem on my old laptop which ran Windows Vista. However I just recently installed NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.16 on my new laptop which runs Window 7 and it's been periodically disconnecting without warning. I was wondering if anyone else has reported this problem while using NinjaTrader with Windows 7 and if there are any Windows 7 specific features which may be causing this problem?

Comment

Hi Master Scalper,

There's not any change in how connections are established or kept active specific to Windows 7.

Have you tried disabling all of your security software (anti-virus, firewall, etc) to see if this allows the connection to stay active?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Tim-c
            by Tim-c

Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
            0 responses