Is Tick Data Available w/ MB Trading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Tick Data Available w/ MB Trading?

I have been demoing v6.5 with a connection to the Gain data feed, but as I trade at MB Trading, I really need access to the the data I am actually trading.

As you know, v6.5 cannot access historical "back fill" data at MB. I was hopeing I could overcome this w/ v7 and the Historical Data Manager.

For some reason, on my first connection, v7 automatically backfilled a 1 Min chart at least for a few days... that's better than I was hoping for.

However, I don't seem to be able to crate a tick chart... like say a 1000 tick chart... I can do that with the Gain connection.

Does anyone know how I can do this with the MB Trading connection?

I need access to the tick data, not just time based bars.

Some how or other, NT has an historical dataset for

the LAST tick by tick, and although it is not available from the drop down list, I did find that if I click on data series, I can change from time based bars to tick based bars... so far that's good.

Somehow... maybe this is a recent improvement, NT has 5 days worth of LAST tick data, and is currently charting ASK or BID tick charts if I set it that way under Data Series in the Period Pane, but there is no back fill for BID and ASK like there is for LAST.

I want to run Better Volumn which is actually written as a strategy for NT6.5. It counts and compares "up ticks" and "down ticks" to use in its code, so I think I need NT to be able to backfill BID and ASK..... LAST it seems to be backfilling by default.

Can someone help me fill in that gap, and tell me a way to keep it up to date, maybe through the Historical Data Manager?

I don't see any way to download any data beyond the default instruments in the Tools>Historical Download Manager>Download. Is there a way to add EUR/USD so I can download from MB historical back fill data for Bid and Ask?

What happens to the bid and ask tick data that it is charting live now? If I close MT7, will it lose that data?

Comment

Hello Crassius,

Unfortunately MBTrading does not support historical bid and ask tick data as per the link below under 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider'.

You can save all incoming real-time chart data by enabling 'Save chart data as historical', which you can find at Tools-->Options-->Data-tab. I suggest to create a bid/ask tick chart so you will receive real time bid/ask tick data and save it in the database. It will be displayed as historical bid/ask tick data in future sessions.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply. So I should have an ASK chart running all the time, and a Bid chart running as well?

I'll check out the link you provided... may be have to do some advocating over there.... They have been very good over the years at responding to requests made by their traders.

Comment

That is correct - this will save bid and ask tick data in the database.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by egordleo, Today, 05:50 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post egordleo  
          Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
          118 responses
          1 like